Sound bookkeeping procedures are critical to your company's success. In this section, we discuss what it takes to set up and maintain a first-rate bookkeeping system in a small or medium-sized business.
- Hiring a Bookkeeper - Small businesses often outsource their bookkeeping function. This can be a costly approach. Make sure you're not paying too much for a bookkeeper.
- Journal Entry Procedures - Accounting journal entries require attention to detail. Make your journal entry procedures are systematic and methodical.
- Importance of Bookkeeping - It is wise to keep track of how your money is used in your business to make judicious decisions. This article emphasizes the need to have an accounting system in place.
- Hiring Bookkeepers - Hiring a bookkeeper? You'd think it would be easier to find bookkeepers. Where are they and when you do find them, how do you hire the best bookkeeper for your business?
- Basic Bookkeeping - Successful business owners are such that they personally handle their recordkeeping and bookkeeping requirements, or at least outsource these services. Basic bookkeeping skills should as a matter of priority be learnt by anyone with the intent of opening a business.