Our family business entrepreneur interviews offer inspiring insights and practical advice. If you are starting a business with family members or own a family business, these are a must read.
- Interview with Dan Kirsche, Founder of Kosherwine.com - In 1998, college student Dan Kirsche helped out his family business by building them a web site. Today, Koserwine.com is a successful stand alone business.
- Interview with David Lewis, Founder of Type A Consulting - David Lewis has taken the lessons he learned working in corporate America to write a book and start a consulting firm. Today, he and his wife are the founders of Type A Consulting.
- Interview with Zuzy Martin Lynch, Founder of Cooking for the Clueless, Inc. - Zuzy and her husband got a lot of cool kitchen gadgets for wedding gifts. But, what to do with them? They founded Cooking for the Clueless for other newlyweds without cooking skills.
- Interview with Native New Yorker Founder Sherri Lind - Native New Yorker has grown its independent restaurant into a franchise. For those of you who are thinking about starting a restaurant, this is a great read.
- Interview with Angela Morris, Owner of Angela Photography - After graduating from the University of Georgia and Art Institute, Angela Morris wished to make her dreams of being a photographer a reality. Having worked with bands such as Gnarls Barkley, and People Magazine, she's really made a name for herself.
- Interview with Furniture Entrepreneur Lauren Russell - Within four months of starting her furniture company, Lauren Russell's furniture was featured in a popular magazine. That, among many other things, has helped her transform her company into a very successful furniture business.
- Interview with Jacqui Rosshandler, Founder of Jacquean Products LLC - Got garlic breath? Jacqui Rosshandler couldn't handle garlic breath so she invented her own breath freshener called EatWhatEver.
- Interview with Jennifer Savino, Founder of Park 19 Cookies - Jennifer Savino went from pharmaceutical rep to baker in one batch! Today she is the owner of Park 19 Cookies.
- Interview with The Green Year Co-Founder Lynn Colwell - If you are contemplating writing a book or starting an environment consulting business, you'll enjoy this interview with a co-founder of The Green Year LLC, a Seattle firm that is all about green.
- Interview with Wendy Goldband, Owner of Toothcity.com - Childhood is filled with milestones; one of the most memorable is the first visit from the Tooth Fairy. Toothcity.com, started by Wendy Goldband, commemorates that important visit with CDs, stickers and other goodies.
- Interview with Deena Ravella, Co-Founder of Kyss Bags - Deena Ravella always found herself worrying about keeping her valuables safe when she visited the beach. So she invented Kyss Bags, a secure bag that locks both the contents and the bag to a larger item to deter theft.
- Interview with Mark Danielson, President of Danielson Designs, Ltd - Mark and Annie Danielson wanted to do something to help their economically depressed small town, while helping the environment. Their design company creates home décor with an environmentally-friendly twist, and gives back to their local community.
- Interview with Johnny Earle, Founder of Johnny Cupcakes - Johnny Earle turned a joke into a multi-million dollar business when he created his Johnny Cupcakes t-shirt. Read his inspirational story here.
- Interview with CEO Peter Karroll of International Arts Management Corporation - Interested in starting an online media website? Peter Karroll gives out some hints and tips on how to get your website running.
- Interview with Shenoa & Co. Diamonds Founder Leon Bitelman - Interested in starting an online retail business? Leon Bitelman provides us with some helpful tips on how to get rolling.
- Interview with DoodyCalls Founders Jacob and Susan D'Aniello - Jacob and Susan D'Aniello opened DoodyCalls in 2000 and began franchising in 2004. Learn how their love of the outdoors helped them develop this unique idea.
- Interview with Anti-Aging Entrepreneur David Tippie - Oh, to be young again. David and Stephanie Tippie are tapping the fountain of youth for their many clients. If you are interested in starting an anti-aging business, you'll enjoy hearing about their entrepreneurial adventure.
- Interview with Debbie & Paul Lamb, Co-Founders of Lambs On Love - Debbie and Paul Lamb started by writing a book about relationship counseling and have grown to founding their company Lambs on Love.
- Interview with Timothy Barnes, Founder of Barn Painting & Advertising, Inc - Timothy and his wife Christine are named Barnes and love barns. They loved them so much they started a barn painting and advertising business.
- Interview with Robert Bodi, Founder of www.businessbeware.biz - All small business owners have had experiences with difficult customers. Robert Bodi and his daughter started BusinessBeware.biz to help businesses share information about customers.
- Interview with Jaclyn Foutz, Founder of Human Tribe Project - Sometimes, out of adversity comes the best project! Meet Jaclyn Foutz, who started the Human Tribe Project after her friend became ill with breast cancer.
- Interview with Roberta Perry, Founder of Scrubz Body Scrub - After her favorite skin care product was discontinued, Roberta Perry decided to formulate her own. Today she is the proud owner of Scrubz Body Scrub.
- Interview with Juliette Brindak, Co-Founder of Miss O & Friends - Juliette, along with her sister and parents, founded Miss O & Friends when she was 15 years old.
- Interview with Fabienne Fredrickson, Founder of ClientAttraction.com - This business idea came from a panicked middle-of-the-night awakening of entrepreneur Fabienne Fredrickson. How could she get more clients for her new business? When she found the answer to her question, she also found a new business called ClientAttraction.com.
- Interview with Christy Cook, Founder of Teach My - Moms often get the best ideas! Christy Cook was frustrated with the lack of quality toys for her toddler. Today, you can find her products in all the biggest retailers.
- Interview with Orit Pennington, Founder of TPGTEX Label Solutions - Orit Pennington and his wife have built a successful business from their home. They provide businesses with the ability to print and manage barcode labels. Learn about TPGTEX Label Solutions and the tips they have for other entrepreneurs.
- Interview with Chris Fawcett, Founder of Kidjot.com - Many people are raising their kids far away from family. Kidjot.com enables parents to share photos and stories about their kids in a safe and easy environment.
- Interview with Shannen Knight, Founder of A Sight for Sport Eyes - Shannen Knight is one of millions of young people who had to write a business plan for her Entrepreneur Class. Unlike others, her professor said he would back her if she actually started that business. Today, Shannen owns two companies, A Sight for Sport Eyes and Chameleon Salon.
- Interview with Kathleen Meisinger, Founder of Kathleen’s Cakes LLC - Kathleen Meisinger took her hobby of cake decorating and grew it into a successful business.
- Interview with Becky Wenner, founder of Becky's Fitness Company - Becky's Fitness Company began in 2007 in Bayside, New York. Becky, lawyer and fitness guru, hopes to build a full service fitness business through audio and video products.
- Interview with Brian Ree, Co-Founder and CEO of GoldenMine.com - Brian Ree is the Co-Founder and CEO of online Jewelry retail website, GoldenMine.com. Their Company is based out of Los Angeles, CA and does business through the website since their founding in 2001.
- Interview with Bryan Ward, Founder of Friendly Computers - Meet Bryan Ward and his family. They started this family business in their garage. Now Friendly Computers is 16 years old and one of the largest computer repair franchises in the country.
- Interview with President of Quest Promotional Outfitters, Tom Skenandore - Interested in starting a clothing retail business? If so, you'll find this article quite helpful.
- Interview with Semiha Manthei, Founder of First Step Organic - Semiha Manthei used her connections in Turkey to import beautiful organic clothing for her First Step Organic baby clothing website. Learn about the challenges of building an internet retailer first hand from Ms. Manthei.
- Interview with Jay Rudman, Founder of Paperly - First there was Tupperware, Pampered Chef and Avon. The latest in-home party marketer is Paperly. Jay and Cindy Rudman bring stationery enthusiast together to celebrate their beautiful papers.
- Interview with Gaines Horn of Horn's Jewelry - Gaines Horn's parents started a jewelry business in the 1950's. Today, Gaines and his brothers continue to design and sell jewelry.
- Interview with Alan Adler, Founder of Cases By Source - Alan Adler and a partner founded Cases By Source in 1985. Today Alan and his son Matthew are working together to make this case design and manufacturing business a success.
- Interview with Ros Guerrero, Owner and Inventor of Ficklets - If you've ever had a daughter who needs to wear her eyeglasses, you know the battle that can happen. Inventor Ros Guerrero invented eyeglass charms to add some sparkle to everyone's glasses!
- Interview with Kelley Perea-Shafer, Founder of Soapies Supplies - After taking a soap making class, Kelley had trouble finding a local supplier. She and her husband founded an internet supplier called Soapies Supplies.
- Interview with Cheryl Aughton, Founder of EarthTone Greetings - Last year my New Year's resolution was to remember my friends' and families' birthdays. Thank goodness I have learned about Cheryl Aughton at EarthTone Greetings.
- Interview with Jennifer Nielsen, Founder of Wine Wear, Inc. - Jennifer Nielsen created fun decorations for wine bottles when she gave them away as gifts. Wine Wear, Inc. was born and now has three product lines.
- Interview with Janice Celeste, Founder of Celeste Studios Film & Video Productions - Janice Celeste specializes in cinematic wedding productions. Today, with her husband Mike, they have grown her hobby into a full-blown business.
- Interview with Donna Ratner, Founder of Cell-Nique - After experiencing medical problems, Donna Ratner found organic foods and holistic healing. Today, she and her husband have a business selling Cell-Nique, a superfood drink.
- Interview with Angela Giovine, Founder of Lime Events and BeMe - Not every little girl wants to be a ballerina. Little girls today might be inclined to play soccer or softball. Angela Giovine decided to update the traditional music box with twirling figures that are more in line with modern girls' interests. In this article, she shares her advice for starting a business.
- Interview with Hannah Hopkins, Founder of Dish - After traveling the world and being a chef in New York, Hannah Hopkins and her husband opened their own restaurant. Now, with three kids in tow, they cook up wonderful meals for their devoted clients.
- Interview with Hamilton Chan, CEO of Paperspring.com - Taking over the family business is sometimes fraught with peril. Hamilton Chan did just that, and expanded his family's business onto the Internet. In this interview, he relates his tips for making both the family and the business run smoothly.
- Interview with Sharon Dillard, President of Get A Grip, Inc - Going from luxury goods to remodeling might seem like a big leap to some, but not for Sharon Dillard. She's grown her franchised resurfacing business to 17 states.