Talk to freelancers and many of them will tell you that the best decision they ever made was to start freelancing for a living. Our articles on running a freelance business are designed to help you get started as a freelancer and make your venture as profitable and as enjoyable as possible.
- Things to Consider Before Becoming a Freelancer - Before embarking on any kind of venture, it helps to be clear on what that venture entails and to plan for that venture. Quite often, people make a decision to become a freelancer and work at home, but are not certain about what kind of work they will do, or even whether they are suited for a telecommuting life. What factors should people consider before freelancing?
- Essentials for a Successful Freelancing Career - Many people have thought about being self-employed at one point of their lives. However, many are unaware of what it takes to launch a productive freelancing business. What are some of the most important factors you may need to consider before you can engage clients and grow your business?
- Telecommuting Questions Answered - People are always asking questions about work-at-home employment. There is more misinformation out there than reliable information concerning working at home. What are some of the most common questions asked in regards to telecommuting?
- Earn Six Figure Income Part 1 - Freelance writing can yield very good returns for someone who enjoys writing and is good at it. However, there are many good freelance writers who work very hard, yet have little to show for it. How can you earn a six-figure salary as a freelance writer?
- Self-Assessment for Freelancers - Being a freelancer is a pretty lonely career, always filled with change, and a little unstable. The tough road of self employment is very unpredictable, filled with difficulties that come in form of notes that say "no, thank you" or rejection letters from once-potential employers and customers. At times, personal finance is a challenge, and the cost of healthcare has to be absorbed alone. Is self employment suitable for you?
- Earn Six Figure Income Part 2 - Freelance writing can yield very good returns for someone who enjoys writing and is good at it. However, there are many good freelance writers who work very hard, yet have little to show for it. How can you earn a six-figure salary as a freelance writer?
- Work at Home - If you are planning to start a home business, there are things you should consider first. Many people just jump into the first opportunity they see. You need to conduct a comprehensive research before signing on the dotted line. What are some of the things you need to consider before taking on any home based opportunity?
- Business Plan Basics for Freelancers - Most successful entrepreneurs if asked about the golden rules of their success would mention selling yourself confidently, wise money management and having a plan. A business plan, which is continually being monitored and reviewed, is one of the most important documents that ensure business success.
- How to Find a Freelance Job - For freelancers who are looking for work-at-home jobs, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that freelance positions actually exist and they keep growing daily. The bad news is that you are unlikely to find such positions posted on the internet or in the local newspaper. How then can freelancers go about finding suitable telecommuting jobs?
- Five Things to Know Before Freelancing - The thought of professionals working at home, setting their own hours, and reaping huge monetary rewards from the internet sounds great. However, there are many myths about self employment going around, and it is important for everyone to know the truth about working at home.
- Five Telecommuting Misconceptions Revealed - Avoid the stress of early mornings and commuting! Work at home in your shorts! Set your hours! Keep the children close to you! All these sound great. It is true that working at home has its advantages. For many individuals, telecommuting helps them avoid commuting, set flexible hours and spend more time with their children. But these are not guaranteed. Before venturing into the unknown waters of telecommuting, it is important that one is aware of the many misconceptions about the whole idea of working from home.
- How to Start a Career as a Freelancer - Nowadays, many people have decided to take the future into their own hands and embrace the freedom that come with freelancing. They are able to set their own hours, work as little or as much as they wish, take vacations at their leisure and spending quality time with their families. The question is, how does one start a career as a freelancer?
- Obstacles to Finding Freelance Jobs - It is not easy for freelancers to find work in today's job market, especially if they have no formal education or have little work experience. However, even with the right qualifications and experience, attempts to get home-based freelance employment may be futile, as well as emotionally and financially draining. What are the obstacles to finding freelance work and how can they be overcome?
- Getting Started With Freelance - Embarking on any new career can be overwhelming and intimidating. Knowing where to start is more difficult when you want to work from home independently, for example as a freelance writer. There is no boss or company to give you feedback, work does not come automatically, and the paycheck is not always guaranteed at the end of the month. How can an aspiring freelance content writer get started?
- How to Write a Successful Pitch Letter - Your story is incredible. You want to tell the media, so you start out by sending pitch letters. However, you do not receive any responses because you learn that your pitch letter was not written correctly.
- Start Up A Freelance Business - Freelancers account for a significant portion of the U.S. workforce. But before you commit to striking out on your own, you need to know how to start up a freelance business that has the power to compete in the marketplace.