Do trademarks, patent and copyright transfer from the United States to other countries? Learn the basics of global intellectual property here. Many global IP rules will surprise you.
- International Patents - Did you know that the rights granted under a United States patent extend only throughout the territory of the United States and have no effect in other countries?
- International Copyrights - Filing a copyright registration in the U.S. is a no-brainer for your company's high value original work. But do you also need to secure international copyrights for your work?
- International Trademarks & the Madrid System - Trademarks are critical business assets. Protecting your company's trademarks around the world requires the use of international trademark strategies and most likely, participation in the Madrid System.
- WTO & GATT - Global commerce is a high priority for both businesses and national economies. WTO and GATT were designed to make it easier for your company to do business internationally, but what are the WTO and GATT really all about?
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) - The World Intellectual Property Organization facilitates the protection of intellectual asset rights around the world. But what impact does WIPO have on your business?