Thinking about opening a motorized bicycles business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
(article continues below)
Characteristics of a Good Motorized Bicycles Company Business Plan
Your motorized bicycles company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. But if it's done right, your motorized bicycles business's plan should contain a handful of sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – Your description of your motorized bicycles business's reason for existing.
- Goals & Objectives – A list of mile markers on your motorized bicycles business's road to success.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets and quantitative estimates.
Don't Ignore the Competition
Long before you open a motorized bicycles business in your area, it's essential to determine how strong the competition is. We've provided the link below to help you find competitors near you. Simply enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of motorized bicycles businesses in your town.
Before you open up shop, make sure you know what you will offer to your customers that provides a significant advantage over your competition's offering.
Learning More About the Industry
As part of your due diligence on opening a motorized bicycles business, the next step is to have a conversation with someone who is in the business. If you think owners of nearby motorized bicycles businesses will give you advice, think again. It'd be crazy for them to teach you the business.
But, a person who owns a motorized bicycles business outside of your community can be a great learning resource for you, given that you don't compete with them in their area. Indeed, many experienced entrepreneurs enjoy offering advice to startup entrepreneurs. In my experience, you may have to call ten business owners in order to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
Want the scoop on finding a motorized bicycles business owner that lives outside of your area?
We can help. Follow the link below, try a few city/state combos or zipcodes, and then start calling!
Three Arguments for Buying a Motorized Bicycles Business
It's almost always preferable to buy a motorized bicycles business than to pursue a motorized bicycles business startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Proven Profitability. Startups struggle to bring in revenue right out of the gate while existing businesses usually have a steady stream of income.
- Operational Efficiency. Existing businesses are established operations, with the necessary processes, people and other resources already in place.
- Capital Acquisition. With several years of operations under its belt, a purchased company is much more appealing to lenders and investors interested in avoiding the risk of an unproven startup.
The odds of achieving your primary goal of becoming a successful entrepreneur increase when you join the ranks of franchisees and leverage their successful brand and track record.
Prior to starting a motorized bicycles business, you may want to check out whether purchasing a franchise might alleviate your startup process.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
If you currently own a motorized bicycles business, these resources will come in handy:
If you came here to learn about selling to motorized bicycles businesses, you're in the wrong place. These resources are more appropriate for you:
If you are interested in starting a different kind of business, please browse our directory of guides below.