Many companies think that press releases alone should be enough to get them press coverage. In fact, it's PR pitches, not press releases, that bring home the lion's share of media coverage these days.
- PR Pitch Tips - If you're going to play the publicity game, you're going to have to learn how to pitch reporters and media contacts. There's no formula for a perfect pitch, but there are plenty of places your pitch can go off course -- unless you pay attention to the PR pitch tips the pros use to promote their story ideas.
- PR Pitching By Phone - The phone pitch is an art that few entrepreneurs ever truly master. While we can't guarantee your story ideas will make the cut, we can guarantee that these tips can dramatically improve your skill in PR pitching by phone.
- PR Pitch Mistakes - You're a business owner, not a publicist. Yet somehow you have to learn how to pitch like a pro if you want to get your PR story ideas on journalists' radar. Pitching isn't as hard as it sounds, especially if you know how to avoid the pitfalls.
- Press Releases Versus PR Pitches - A lot of business pros think press releases and PR pitches are essentially the same thing. They aren't -- and if you don't know the difference it could cost you the next time you need to get the media's attention.
- PR Pitch Strategies - It's tempting to think that successful PR pitches are the product of inside relationships with journalists. But in reality, the fate of your company's next news item will probably come down to a few PR pitch strategies you can't live without.
- Sample PR Pitches - Writing a PR pitch can be a daunting task if you haven't done it before. These sample PR pitches will give you a feel for what it takes to write PR pitches.