Thinking about opening a blankets business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
(article continues below)
Characteristics of a Good Blankets Company Business Plan
Looking for a one-size-fits-all business plan? Good luck. . . because it doesn't exist. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – A foundational statement of your company's direction and strategy.
- Goals & Objectives – The end results of your company's business activities.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets and quantitative estimates.
Well in advance of opening a blankets business in your area, it's a smart move to find out how you will fit in the competitive landscape. Use the link below to find competitors in your area. Complete the form by entering your city, state and zip code to get a list of blankets businesses that are close by.
Before you open up shop, make sure you know what you will offer to your customers that provides a significant advantage over your competition's offering.
Learning More About the Industry
If you are seriously contemplating launching a blankets business, the next step is to speak with somebody who is already in the business. Local competitors are not going to give you the time of day, mind you. The last thing they want to do is help you to be a better competitor.
But, a person who owns a blankets business on the other side of the country may be willing to share their entrepreneurial wisdom with you, once they realize that you are not going to directly compete with them in their community. Many business owners are happy to give advice to new entrepreneurs In my experience, you may have to call ten business owners in order to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
So, what can you do to find a blankets business manager outside of your area who is willing to talk?
Simply, try our helpful link below, type in a random city/state or zipcode, and start calling.
Top Three Reasons to Buy an Established Blankets Business
It's almost always preferable to buy a blankets business than to pursue a blankets business startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Initial Revenue. Startups struggle to bring in revenue right out of the gate while existing businesses usually have a steady stream of income.
- Operational Efficiency. A good blankets business should already function like a well-oiled machine.
- Capital Acquisition. In general, it's easier to finance an existing business than it is to fund a startup. While a startup only exists on paper (initially), established businesses have the benefit of historical earnings statements and tangible assets.
Franchising May Be a Better Way to Go
The odds of achieving your primary goal of making a success of your new business zoom upwards when you opt to franchise instead of doing it all on your own.
If you are thinking about opening a blankets business, you should check out whether purchasing a franchise might make it easy to get started.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
If you came here to learn about selling to blankets businesses, you're in the wrong place. These resources are more appropriate for you:
If you are still exploring all of your options, please browse our directory of guides below.