Thinking about opening a board up services business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
(article continues below)
Characteristics of a Good Board Up Services Company Business Plan
Your board up services company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – A concise declaration of values, strategy and identity.
- Goals & Objectives – The end results of your company's business activities.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – More detailed descriptions of how you will carry out your mission and achieve your board up services business's goals.
Look Over Competitors
Well in advance of opening a board up services business within your community, it's worthwhile to find out what the competition looks like. We've provided the link below to help you generate a list of competitors nearby. Simply enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of board up services businesses in your town.
Before you open up shop, make sure you know what you will offer to your customers that provides a significant advantage over your competition's offering.
Learning More About the Industry
After you've evaluated your local competitors, it's a wise move to learn from folks who are already in business. Local competitors are not going to give you the time of day, mind you. Why would they want to educate a future competitor?
On the other hand, an individual who has a board up services business outside of your community may be willing to share their entrepreneurial wisdom with you, provided that you won't be directly competing with them. Indeed, many experienced entrepreneurs enjoy offering advice to startup entrepreneurs. If you are persistent, you can find a business mentor who is willing to help you out.
The key question new becomes: how to find a board up services business founder outside of your area who is willing to talk?
Simple. Let your fingers do the walking by using the link below.
Three Arguments for Buying a Board Up Services Business
It's almost always preferable to buy a board up services business than to pursue a board up services business startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Initial Revenue. With a business purchase, you'll have the ability to buy a company that is already operating in the black.
- Operational Efficiency. When you're shopping for a board up services business, be sure to look for ones that have all of the necessary processes and systems to ensure seamless operations from your first day of ownership.
- Capital Acquisition. With several years of operations under its belt, a purchased company is much more appealing to lenders and investors interested in avoiding the risk of an unproven startup.
Is Franchising the Right Option?
If you are a newbie entrepreneur, you ought to think about buying a franchise rather than starting a business from scratch.
Before starting a board up services business, a smart move is to assess whether franchising might make it easy to get started.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
If you currently own a board up services business, these resources will come in handy:
If you came here to learn about selling to board up services businesses, you're in the wrong place. Try these resources instead:
If you are interested in starting a different kind of business, please browse our directory of guides below.