Thinking about opening a swimming pool chemicals business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
(article continues below)
Elements of a Swimming Pool Chemicals Company Business Plan
Your swimming pool chemicals company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – Your description of your swimming pool chemicals business's reason for existing.
- Goals & Objectives – A list of mile markers on your swimming pool chemicals business's road to success.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Each of these plans covers a specific aspect of your swimming pool chemicals business's strategy and direction.
Take a Look at Competitors
Before you open a swimming pool chemicals business in your town, it's a smart move to find out how strong the competition is. Try our link below to find competitors in your city. Just enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of swimming pool chemicals businesses in your community.
If there's too much competition, it may be wise to consider starting the business in a less competitive marketplace.
Finding a Non-Competitive Business Mentor
If you are interested in starting a swimming pool chemicals business, it's a wise move to learn as much as you can from somebody who is already in the business. It's very unlikely that the local competition will talk to you. The last thing they want to do is help you to be a better competitor.
However, an entrepreneur who owns a swimming pool chemicals business on the other side of the country will be much more likely to talk with you, provided that you won't be directly competing with them. In that case, the business owner may be more than happy to discuss the industry with you. If you are persistent, you can find a business mentor who is willing to help you out.
The key question new becomes: how to find a swimming pool chemicals business owner in another city who you can speak with?
No problem! Just use the link below and try a random city/state or zipcode. Then start dialing for advice until you are successful.
Three Arguments for Buying a Swimming Pool Chemicals Business
It's almost always preferable to buy a swimming pool chemicals business than to pursue a swimming pool chemicals business startup.
You'll want to conduct a comprehensive due diligence process, but here are three arguments why you should think about buying instead of a startup.
- Initial Revenue. Startups struggle to bring in revenue right out of the gate while existing businesses usually have a steady stream of income.
- Operational Efficiency. When you're shopping for a swimming pool chemicals business, be sure to look for ones that have all of the necessary processes and systems to ensure seamless operations from your first day of ownership.
- Funding. Lenders, investors and other funding sources almost always prefer business purchases to startups.
Franchising May Be a Better Way to Go
Your chances of achieving the entrepreneurial goal of making a success of your new business go up significantly when you franchise and benefit from the prior work of others and their lessons learned.
Before starting a swimming pool chemicals business, you may want to check out whether purchasing a franchise might make sense for you.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding getting started as an entrepreneur may be of interest to you.
If you currently own a swimming pool chemicals business, these resources will come in handy:
If you sell to swimming pool chemicals businesses, you're in the wrong place. These resources are more appropriate for you:
If you are interested in starting a different kind of business, please browse our directory of guides below.