Thinking about opening an international movers business? We tell you what you need to know to get started.
(article continues below)
Characteristics of a Good International Movers Company Business Plan
Your international movers company's business plan should be tailored to your business's unique traits and goals. However, the most effective business plans do address specific sound business plan elements:
- Mission Statement – A concise declaration of values, strategy and identity.
- Goals & Objectives – A list of mile markers on your international movers business's road to success.
- Financial, Marketing & Action Plans – Specific plans that describe your business environment, demographic targets and quantitative estimates.
Check Out the Competition
Prior to launching an international movers business in your town, it's a good idea to see how many competitors you have. We've provided the link below to help you generate a list of competitors in your city. After following the link, enter your city, state and zip code to get a list of international movers businesses in your area.
If there's too much competition, it may be wise to consider starting the business in a less competitive marketplace.
Finding a Non-Competitive Business Mentor
If you want to open an international movers business it's a smart move to learn from folks who are already in business. If you think owners of nearby international movers businesses will give you advice, think again. It'd be crazy for them to teach you the business.
On the other hand, an individual who has an international movers business in another town will be much more likely to talk with you, as long as they don't view you as a competitive threat. In fact, they are often very willing to share startup advice with you. Our estimate is that you may have to contact many business owners to find one who is willing to share his wisdom with you.
Where can you find an owner of an international movers business who is willing to talk to you but doesn't live nearby?
Here's one way to do it. Just use our link below, find somebody and call them.
Three Arguments for Buying an International Movers Business
For years, street-smart entrepreneurs have known that whenever possible, it's more advantageous to buy an existing international movers business than it is to start one from scratch.
Due diligence and other business buying requirements are essential. But there are several reasons why buying an international movers business may still be your best bet.
- Initial Revenue. Startups struggle to bring in revenue right out of the gate while existing businesses usually have a steady stream of income.
- Established Operations & Processes. A good international movers business should already function like a well-oiled machine.
- Funding. In general, it's easier to finance an existing business than it is to fund a startup. While a startup only exists on paper (initially), established businesses have the benefit of historical earnings statements and tangible assets.
Is Franchising the Right Option?
If you are launching your first business venture, it might be wise to contemplate purchasing a franchise.
As part of your process in starting an international movers business, it's worthwhile to check out whether buying a franchise could help you on your entrepreneurial journey.
The link below gives you access to our franchise directory so you can see if there's a franchise opportunity for you. You might even find something that points you in a completely different direction.
These additional resources regarding starting a business may be of interest to you.
If you already are in business and came here to learn about growing an existing international movers business, try these useful resources:
If you sell to international movers businesses, we've got better information for you elsewhere on our site. Try these resources instead:
If you are still exploring all of your options, please browse our directory of guides below.