In the world of business, on-demand access to files and applications is a lifeline for sales staff, managers and other executives.
If you don't have the ability to connect with mission critical information on a moment's notice, you don't have much – especially if you're relying on that information to close a deal or execute a strategy that will take your business to the next level.
Remote connectivity software gives on-the-go executives a useful tool for remotely accessing their desktop computers. Although laptop technology can help facilitate mobile computing needs, a laptop isn't always the most practical solution. In many cases, remote connectivity software is the only viable option for mobile access.
Even more, remote connectivity software solutions create opportunities for multiple-user access that is necessary for a wide range of business applications and problem-solving situations. The sky is the limit when it comes to remote desktop solutions, but here are some of the most common benefits of remote connectivity software that are important for small and medium-size businesses.
- Remote workflow. Remote connectivity software gives you and your staff the ability to work remotely from any PC. You'll have complete control over screen viewing, mouse activity and keystrokes in real time. With these solutions, you don't have to physically visit each PC to perform administration, configurations, troubleshooting and day-to-day computing tasks.
- Shared access. Robust remote desktop software facilitates multiple, active connections to a remote PC. Through a streamlined web interface, multiple users can collaborate on troubleshooting, presentations or educational sessions because the same desktop is viewable by several people at the same time.
- Tech-free travel. Road warriors appreciate the fact that they no longer have to lug around a laptop just to provide clients with access to a few screenshots in the field. Remote desktop solutions give you access to everything that is on your desktop from any location in the world.
- Home-based connectivity. Screen-sharing, conferencing and file access are critical advantages for workers who need to access their desktop after normal work hours. Work-from-home staff can also participate more fully in the office's common computing environment.
- Remote management. Managers and supervisors routinely use remote connectivity software to check on their company when they are out of the office. Whether it's business travel or a family vacation, your leadership team can easily perform electronic check-ins to monitor key metrics and operational execution.