Word of mouth marketing is an ancestral cousin of viral marketing (covered in a separate section of this site). You know you've succeeded at word of mouth marketing if your customers are talking about your offerings to their friends and families and creating new customers for you.
- Word of Mouth Marketing Versus Viral Marketing - Word of mouth marketing is not viral marketing. You'll hear these phrases used interchangeably even though they describe two similar, yet very distinct marketing strategies -- one that you can control and one you can't!
- Situations Where Word of Mouth Marketing Can Be Effective - Word of mouth marketing can be an incredibly effective way to disseminate information about your company's products and services. Here are a few situations where you can expect word of mouth marketing to really pay off.
- Do Not Use Word of Mouth Marketing In These Scenarios - Word of mouth advertising is always a good thing for a small business, right? No way! Sometimes word of mouth promotion is simply not an option. Here are some cases where you'd be better to spend your marketing efforts on something other than word of mouth campaigns.
- Negative Word of Mouth - Which is more powerful: Negative word of mouth marketing or positive word of mouth marketing? The bottom line is that you need to keep an eye out for negative word of mouth momentum that might hurt your reputation and destroy your sales.
- Referral Marketing - Advertising is one of the most expensive marketing functions for a business. No matter how good a product or service is, without advertising it is not as effective as a lesser quality product that has a strong advertising campaign. More businesses today however are starting to leverage consumer referral as a means of expanding their market coverage. This article will explain this new phenomenon and give some points on why this is working.
- An Introduction to Word of Mouth Marketing - What's word of mouth marketing and why should you care? It turns out that word of mouth marketing is one of the most effective ways to grow a company and launch new products or services in the marketplace.
- Using Buzz Marketing to Grow a Business - For small or new businesses, marketing and advertising budgets may be small. Spreading the word via buzz marketing can be a cost-effective way to get your message out to potential customers.