Once you've prepared your business for sale, it's time to start attracting potential business acquirers. Here are a few tricks of the trade that will help you attract qualified business buyers.
- Selling a Business Online - Many new business-for-sale marketplaces such as BizBuySell.com now make it easy to sell businesses online. Here are a few considerations to contemplate as you prepare to list your business for sale with one of these online services.
- How Your Company Name Can Impact Your Exit Strategy - What does it take to attract business acquirers to buy my business? If that's on your mind, you might be surprised to learn that changing your company name could be a smart move.
- Attract Acquirers with Accurate Listings in Company Databases - Business brokers and investment banks use services like Hoover's, D&B, and Experian to create lists of acquisition targets for clients. So what can you do to make sure your firm is on their list?
- Joining a Trade Association to Attract an Acquirer - If you wanted to acquire a company like yours, how would you go about finding it? It turns out that trade association directories are a common way for buyers to identify potential acquisition candidates.
- Spreading the Word That You Are Willing To Be Acquired - Word of mouth plays a big role in attracting acquirers. Here are a few tips on how to let the world know that you might be willing to sell your company.
- Attracting Acquirers With Good PR - Getting written up in industry trade association publications and other media outlets is a great way to attract new customers. It can also be a great way to attract somebody who might be interesting in buying your company.