Small business taxes are a scary topic for most entrepreneurs. Our articles on small business taxes help small business owners understand and manage their tax obligations. We teach you about tax breaks and deductions available to entrepreneurs, explain tax jargon, and show you how to avoid common tax filing errors.
- Small Business Tax Advice. Looking for a tax preparer? Wondering if you need to pay tax on barters? Struggling to determine your potential tax liability on the sale of your company? We have answers to these and many other questions in tax advice articles written specifically for small business owners. (23 articles)
- Tax Planning Tips. Interested in reducing your business tax liability? We thought so . . . that's why we've created articles and resources designed to help small business owners minimize their tax burden through strategic tax planning. (8 articles)
- Business Deductions and Credits. Tax deductions and credits can substantially lower your business tax liability. The hard part is determining which ones you can take -- and which ones you can't. We have you covered with advice about several common (and not so common) deductions and credits. (21 articles)
- Payroll Taxes. Payroll taxes are a necessary evil for small business employers. But that doesn't mean payroll taxes need to make your life a living hell. We have the tips and strategies you need to effectively manage your company's payroll tax requirements. (7 articles)
- IRS Forms and Filing Requirements. Small business income taxes are no laughing matter, at least not to the IRS. We discuss the forms and filing requirements that are necessary to keep the government off your back and maintain good standing with the IRS. (15 articles)