Protecting intellectual property is critical to the success of the business. We help you to understand what it takes to protect your product names, taglines, ideas and inventions.
- Intellectual Property Basics. Business success is increasingly dependent on intellectual property. Don't let intellectual property be an afterthought for your business. If you do, you may find that your competitors will lock you out of lucrative business growth areas. (4 articles)
- Patents. Patents allow businesses to protect their intellectual property and profit from their ideas and inventions. Learn about patents here. We cover everything from how to apply for a patent to what to do when your competitor infringes on your patent. (16 articles)
- Trademark. Has your business secured all of its trademarks? If not, you'll want to read our articles on trademarks to understand how you can protect these valuable company assets. (10 articles)
- Copyright. Copyright laws protect original works of authorship. For business owners, understanding copyright rules and regulations is critical. You want to protect your own copyrights while making sure that you don't unwittingly engage in copyright infringement. (10 articles)
- Value of Intellectual Property. What's a patent worth? How much is a trademark worth? We take a look at the fast-growing discipline of intellectual property valuation. (5 articles)
- Global Intellectual Property. Do trademarks, patent and copyright transfer from the United States to other countries? Learn the basics of global intellectual property here. Many global IP rules will surprise you. (5 articles)