Bookkeeping and accounting are critical in helping owners track their money to ensure that their ventures stay afloat.
- Small Business Accounting Basics. As a small business owner, it's important to have a solid grasp of basic accounting principles. If accounting isn't your forte, don't panic -- we've got you covered with a series of articles that will bring you up to speed on small business accounting basics. (21 articles)
- Financial Statements. Successful small business owners rely on financial statements to guide their decision-making. Balance sheets, income statements, expense reports -- we'll tell you everything you need to know to make financial statements pay off in your business. (12 articles)
- Managing Payments and Receivables. Payments and receivables are the lifeblood of a small business -- without the right tools, your business could face a serious cash flow crunch. Our tips on managing payments and receivables will equip you with strategies to maintain positive cash flow in your business. (15 articles)
- Bookkeeping Essentials. Sound bookkeeping procedures are critical to your company's success. In this section, we discuss what it takes to set up and maintain a first-rate bookkeeping system in a small or medium-sized business. (5 articles)
- Business Recordkeeping. Poor recordkeeping can negatively impact your company's bottom line. Fortunately, our Recordkeeping Advice section is packed with informative articles to help keep your small business's records in tip-top shape. (7 articles)