ESOPs, or employee stock ownership plans, have become very popular. Find out how an ESOP works and why companies are increasingly giving employees ownership and opting to become ESOP companies.
- ESOP Formation - Wondering how ESOPs work? We've got the scoop on how to form an ESOP and why so many startup business owners are doing exactly that.
- Setting Up an ESOP - Setting up an ESOP isn't a new concept but Sam Zell's recent success in buying the Chicago Tribune has many of us wondering -- could we too benefit from an ESOP?
- Leveraged ESOPs - You've heard of ESOPs but are you familiar with the concept of a leveraged ESOP? If not, it might be time to hit the pause button on whatever you're doing and educate yourself about how leveraged ESOPs work and why they are so popular.
- ESOPs As An Exit Strategy - You might be thinking that ESOPs have nothing to do with exit planning and are just about rewarding and incentivizing employees. In fact, ESOPs have become a very common way for business owners to cash out of their life's work.
- Tax Advantages of ESOPs - Taxes make the world go round. So, it's no surprise that ESOP experts and tax consultants have figured out how to tap into the many tax advantages of ESOPs. If you've been considering the benefits of an ESOP, these tax perks may push you over the edge.
- How to Establish an ESOP - Setting up an ESOP can be a great idea for your corporation. We'll tell you why an Employee Stock Ownership Plan might be an important step for your business and walk you through the basics of ESOP formation.
- ESOP Consulting Firms - You've decided to implement an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Now what? The first thing you'll want to do is find an experienced ESOP consulting firm that can help you design an ESOP and assist with its implementation.