Creating an employee handbook seems like a simple task at first blush. In fact, putting together an employee handbook involves making hundreds of difficult decisions. Our articles cover the full table of contents for an employee handbook, with numerous tips on how to create an effective employee handbook.
- Employee Handbooks - An employee handbook is a must-have for every business. Formally writing down policies in an employee handbook can help your business to run more smoothly. Plus, it could keep you out of court.
- How to Write Employee Handbooks - Wondering how to write an employee handbook? Communicating your personnel policies in a professional employee handbook is essential. If you've been tasked with writing an employee handbook, this article is a must-read.
- What Goes In An Employee Handbook - You've finally decided to take the plunge and develop an employee handbook. That's a good idea -- without it, you could find yourself in a legal hot zone. Now here's what Here are some of the items you need to include in it.
- Creating an Employee Handbook - Deciding what to put in an employee handbook is just the first step. Creating an employee handbook also involves a lot of other considerations. If an employee handbook is near the top of your to-do list, here's our list of things you should be thinking about.
- Employee Handbook Sick Day Policy - Sick days. Employees love them and employers hate them. A solid employee handbook can't ignore how sick days are handled in your company. A sick day policy is more involved than it seems and it could even have legal consequences down the road.
- Employee Handbook Telephone Usage Policy - If employees are abusing their telephone privileges by taking too many personal calls or by making expensive international calls to their friends, consider inserting a telephone usage policy into your employee handbook.
- Employee Handbook Vacation Policies - Give a new recruit your employee handbook and they will probably skip right to the section that talks about your vacation policy. Employee handbook vacation policies can be an HR minefield. Here's how to create a policy you can be proud of.
- Employee Agreement and Handbook Acknowledgement - Agreement with the policies described in your employee handbook is a non-negotiable condition of employment – and a good Employee Agreement and Handbook Acknowledgment form is the right tool for the job.