Exit strategies range from going public to selling to family members to selling out to the competition. We take a look at the many exit strategy options you can consider.
- Understanding IPOs - An IPO is one of the most common methods of exit for entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. We talk about what’s involved in the IPO process.
- How to Go Public - What does it take to go public? If you want to know how to go public, this article is a must read.
- Pros and Cons of Using Business Brokers - Are business brokers worth the fees they charge? If you are buying a business or selling a business, this article provides a wealth of useful information on the value that business brokers provide. We discuss the pros and cons of using a business broker.
- Selling a Business to Relatives - What needs to be considered when you sell your business to a relative? Shoud a child, sibling or spouse be treated differently than any other buyer? You bet.
- Quitting Time - Closing down a business is never easy. Perhaps you started a business years ago and have been just barely eeking out a living. When is it time to give up, admit defeat and move on?
- Entrepreneurial Exit Strategies - The mark of a good entrepreneur is that they always have their eye on an exit strategy. We discuss why selling a company should be top of mind from start to finish as you progress through your entrepreneurial adventures.
- Selling to Competitors - Competitors are great potential buyers when selling your business, but how do you make sure they're serious and not just wasting your time?
- Selling Part of a Business - Many business owners don't want to sell their companies. When this is the case, it's worth considering whether selling part of a business might be a more palatable option.