Mergers and acquisitions are a proven strategy for growing a company. These articles on mergers, acquisitions and strategic alliances will help you make the most of your merger and acquisition strategies and avoid disappointment.
- Mergers and Acquisitions for Small Companies - As the owner of a small company, mergers and acquisitions might not seem very important to you. In fact, small companies can learn a lot from mergers and acquisitions -- and even employ mergers and acquisitions for small companies as a strategy for growth.
- Venture Capital As A Prelude to Acquisition - Ever notice that many large corporations have subsidiary venture capital firms or have tight partnerships with VC firms? We take a look at strategic investments and why corporate VC is in vogue.
- Why Do Companies Acquire Other Companies? - Acquisition is a tried and true way to grow a company. Why do companies acquire other companies? We take a look at the rationale for acquisitions.
- Merger Success Factors - So your firm is merging with another firm. Although the union of your two companies may be challenging, following these merger success factors will help you make the most of the marriage. Ignore them and you may soon regret your decision to get hitched in the first place.
- Reasons Why Many Mergers and Acquisitions Fail - Despite the high hopes for mergers and acquisitions, most M&A deals fail to deliver on their promise. Here are some of the biggest reasons that mergers and acquisitions fail, and what you can learn from their failures.
- Difference Between Mergers and Acquisitions - Mergers and acquisitions sound similar. But it turns out that there are a few subtle, but noteworthy differences between mergers and acquisitions that you should know about -- especially if you plan to employ M&A strategies in your small business.
- The Role of Synergy in Mergers and Acquisitions - The word "synergy" seems to come up a lot in conversations about mergers and acquisitions. But is it just hype or is there really something to be said for the synergy that drives M&A activity? We take a look at this magical force that powers everything from mega-deals to small company acquisitions.