Selling a business is a complex undertaking. We help you understand the steps involved in selling a business. To ensure you get the best deal possible, it's critical that you thoroughly understand the process.
- Training New Owners After Selling a Business - Training new business owners after selling a business may seem like something you can put on your back burner. However, it turns out it can be very important.
- Giving Up on a Business - This article briefly goes over how to decide when to push through obstacles and when it is time to pull the plug on a business.
- Selling a Business in a Down Economy - Selling a business in a down economy? It may not be the best time, but some distressed sellers don't have a choice. In this article, we discuss a few important things to consider before you decide to sell a business.
- Selling Your Business - Wondering how to sell your business? This article introduces you to the basic processes involved in selling a business.
- What to Tell Employees When Selling a Business - Is it best to not let employees know if you are selling the business or should you give them a heads up that the business is for sale?
- Selling Small Businesses - How do you decide when it's in your best interest to sell your small business? In this article on small business exit strategies, we examine a few scenarios where selling small businesses can make sense.
- Confidentiality When Selling a Business - Have all potential business buyers sign and date a Non-Disclosure/Confidentiality Agreement before giving out any info. Make sure potential buyers understand how important it is to keep the sale of the business confidential and that there are legal ramifications if they don't.
- Confidentiality Breach Can Ruin a Business Sale - When selling a business, confidentiality is key. If employees, competitors and others find out that an owner intends to sell a business, the consequences can be extremely negative, well beyond simply putting the business sale at risk.
- Reasons For Selling a Business - Business owners will sell a business for a variety of reasons. We've listed out the Top 10 reasons that business owners decide to exit a business and put a company up for sale.