Is owning a sole proprietorship the right way to go for your business? We discuss the pros and cons of choosing a sole proprietorship as a form of business organization for your company.
- Is a Sole Proprietorship a Legal Entity? - Is a sole proprietorship a legitimate, legal entity? We've been asked that question a number of times. Here's our answer -- and a lot of other information you should know about sole proprietorships.
- Sole Proprietor - A sole proprietor is the one-man band of the small business community. Although a sole proprietorship is a simple form of business ownership, there are some advantages and disadvantages you need to know about.
- Successful Entrepreneurs Who Started Out As Sole Proprietors - Sole proprietorships aren't necessarily mom-and-pop businesses. Some of the most well-known brand names have their roots in a sole proprietor business structure. We profile a few large companies that were started by sole proprietors.
- How to Start a Sole Proprietorship - The beauty of forming a sole proprietorship is that the paperwork requirements are minimal -- but they do exist. A sole proprietorship is probably the best way to start your company quickly, so we'll tell you how to start a sole proprietorship the right way.
- Can Sole Proprietorships Survive the Death of a Business Owner? - What happens to a sole proprietorship when the owner dies? If you are a sole proprietor and you haven't considered what will happen to your company after your demise, this is an article you can't afford to ignore.
- Can a Sole Proprietorship Have Employees? - You've been operating as a sole proprietor and now you need to hire a few employees. Does that mean you need to incorporate? Probably not, but here are some things you need to know about sole proprietorships and hiring.