Thinking about becoming an entrepreneur? Wondering what it takes to be an entrepreneur? In these articles, we discuss the characteristics that help entrepreneurs to be successful. We evaluate entrepreneurial traits, attributes and success factors. We also look at the value of entrepreneurial assessments for new entrepreneurs.
- Top Ten Tips for New Entrepreneurs – Part One - Here are ten practical tips to help new entrepreneurs get off to a good start in business. This is realistic advice that works without quelling the fledgling entrepreneur's natural enthusiasm. From cash flow to mentors, this guide is an essential for the beginner.
- The Job Security Myth - A myth can be defined as a traditional story accepted as history which serves to explain the world view of how things are done today. This article will take a look at how the popular phrase, "job security", is fast-becoming one of the more popular myths in the 21st century.
- Should You Become an Entrepreneur? - Thinking about starting your own company? Do you have what it takes? Is it worth all the pain and suffering?
- Starting a Company - Starting a small business isn't easy. This article, one of many entrepreneurial resources on our site, helps you assess whether entrepreneurship is right for you.
- Risks and Rewards for Entrepreneurs - There are a number of risks and rewards to consider before becoming a full time entrepreneur. Knowing what is important for you will help you choose the right time to make the leap.
- The Psychology of Entrepreneurship - Being an entrepreneur has its rewards, but are you prepared for the psychological aspects of entrepreneurship? Being able to manage the day to day ups and downs will help you keep your focus on achieving what you set out to do.
- Hanging Tough: The Spirit of Entrepreneurs - What does it really take to become an entrepreneur? We take a look at the entrepreneurial spirit and what it takes to be a good entrepreneur.
- The Entrepreneurial Personality - Here's a more expansive list of characteristics commonly found in entrepreneurs.
- Characteristics of Successful Entrepreneurs - What does it take to join the ranks of successful entrepreneurs? We've identified ten characteristics that increase the odds of entrepreneurial success.
- What It Takes to Become an Entrepreneur - What exactly does it take to be able to succeed as an entrepreneur? This article will examine the mindset necessary for someone to succeed on his or her own in business.
- Key to Success of Startups - Expertise - Fundamentally, what determines the success of an organization? What impacts the transition of a start-up into a successful business? We hone in on the ultimate success factor for startups.
- Job Mentality Versus Business Ownership Mentality - Business ownership is not for everyone. If it were, more and more people would become business owners and fewer people would be looking to work for business owners or companies. This article will summarize the differences between a business ownership mentality and a job mentality.
- How Are Today's Entrepreneurs Different from the Past? - Entrepreneurship is on the rise! We examine the various reasons for this surge and the ways in which today's entrepreneurs think as compared to their predecessors.
- Attributes of Entrepreneurs - What does it take to become an entrepreneur? It takes a certain mindset and a different way of thinking to get into business.
- The Opportunity Cost of Entrepreneurship - Becoming an entrepreneur is a big decision. It’s guaranteed that running your own business will teach you many marketable skills. Learn about marketing, accounting and management first hand with your own business.
- Why Being Your Own Boss Isn’t Always Plain Sailing - Being a dreamer isn't enough when it comes to running your own business. If your main aim is to have a fancy workplace, designer clothes and a fast car then you might need to rethink your reasons for going it alone.
- Are You Entrepreneur Material? - How do you know if you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? It does take a special breed of individual to deal with the challenges that being an entrepreneur brings. Are you that person?
- Raising Entrepreneurs - The best time to train an entrepreneur is from the beginning. Children have large imaginations. Encourage that spirit into a business where they can learn to love work.
- Is It a Man's World? - Despite feminism and all that it has achieved for women, some are still of the belief that it is a man's world. This is especially true in the business arena. But it could be seen as a false belief, there are, after all, a wide range of commercial ventures that are best overseen by women.
- Fear of Failure - Is Fear of Failure Getting in the Way of Your Success? It's normal to feel afraid of failure. But when that fear prevents you from taking actions then there's a problem. Being overly cautious can be prohibitive to your success.
- Making Money in a Limited Market - There might be gold in them there hills but can you persuade your business bank manager to invest in your small specialist interest business. More to the point, will you make money?
- Was Jane Austen an Entrepreneur Part 2 - Jane Austen was certainly a genius, but was she an entrepreneur? Given that the act of women writing books and publishing them was frowned upon by some sectors of Regency England, it would appear she had a certain spirit.
- Why to Just Say No Part 1 - Saying yes to a customer isn't always the right thing to do and it can land you in trouble. Save your business reputation and maintain good customer relations by saying NO!
- 7 Things That Make Clients Hate You Part 1 - Less than scrupulous sales people give others a bad name. Here's how to make sure you earn yourself a good reputation as an understanding salesperson who delivers. Don't follow this advice and you could add yourself to the rank of the despised.
- Lessons From Your Mother About Business Networking - Business networking is crucial for any entrepreneur's success. However, not everyone finds it easy to do so. Could your mother teach you a thing or two on business networking? She very well could.
- Making the Leap to Full Time Entrepreneur - Being a fulltime entrepreneur can be tricky. Finding the right time to make your move will help create a journey that is smooth sailing.
- Are You Thwarting Your Creativity with Mental Blocks - Creative thinking is the entrepreneur's greatest tool. But sometimes it goes blunt and very often that's because of mental blocks. Here's how to clear them and start being innovative and sharp thinking again.
- The Pursuit of Entrepreneurship - There are several reasons and motivators why people pursue entrepreneurship. For many it is the freedom of expression that entrepreneurship offers or the potential riches that they may be rewarded with. However, there is one underlying motivator, the pursuit of building something lasting, that drives all entrepreneurs, whether for profit or not.
- Ease Yourself into Entrepreneurship - Tempting though it may be to leap in and wait for the splash, the sensible entrepreneur will ease gently into his/her new venture. Here's how:
- Motivation for the Entrepreneur - Entrepreneurs may have the creative spirit to imagine a business or the education to put a plan into action, but there are times when the energy to get it done may not come. Having a system for motivation can help entrepreneurs get over the hurdles that building a business can bring.
- Handling the Pressures of Being an Entrepreneur. - Being your own boss isn't all about fancy lunches and fast cars. In fact it's rarely about that. Running your own company can create pressures inside and outside of the work place.
- The E Factor - Some people say ideas are ten a penny, and often someone who describes themselves as an 'ideas man' hasn't got the ability to follow through. What's needed is the E (entrepreneur) Factor. Have you got it?
- Why Do People Become Entrepreneurs? - What is it that inspires one person to turn an idea into a lucrative reality and another to dismiss it as unfeasible? Is entrepreneurism in the blood?
- Effectuation: How Entrepreneurs Think - Is effectuation the key to entrepreneurial success? Studies on the entrepreneurial mind suggest that the best entrepreneurs embrace effectual thinking, especially during the early stages of starting a company.
- Entrepreneurship or Job Security? - Why should you become an entrepreneur? Determining whether or not you're cut out to be an entrepreneur can be a difficult task. Here we take a look at what to consider in terms of job security, and why people may be choosing more careers in entrepreneurship.
- Thinking Like an Entrepreneur - The Internet's presence in our society has created many opportunities for individuals seeking to open up a small business. The only thing needed is to develop the entrepreneurial ability to be able to create a profitable business.
- Retirement Myths - Growing up we were taught a lot of things that at the time were as real as anything else we believed at that time. Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny all played a huge role in our lives at a time when we were too innocent to know the difference. This article will take a look at some of the similarities between Santa, the Easter Bunny, and retirement.
- Tips For Dressing For Success - Today there are more and more women entrepreneurs. Although women have broken through countless glass ceilings, they still need to be very conscious about what to wear. Here are some tips for the woman entrepreneur.
- Balancing Act - Entrepreneurs face the challenge of balancing life and work to an extreme. When you love your job, as entrepreneurs do, it is often easy to neglect the rest of your life. Read some tips for putting balance back into your life.
- Core Values - For many entrepreneurs, life is work and work is life. That makes it important to analyze your personal values as well as defining your business's mission. Here is a step by step guide to identifying your core values and using them to guide you in all aspects of your life.
- Is Entrepreneurship Risky? - Entrepreneurship is seen as the riskiest of risky ventures; however there is another perspective where entrepreneurs are risk-averse in every aspect. They are risk-averse when it comes to the type of venture they launch and they are risk-averse in life as they pursue their passions and dreams.
- Are Entrepreneurs Born or Made? - Do you have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Were you born that way or did you learn it through school and life? This article discusses the characteristics of entrepreneurs. Determination and an entrepreneurial spirit are at the root of all entrepreneurs.
- Why Not to Start a Business? - Unfortunately, many start businesses and they fail. There are a number of factors behind this failure. Perhaps they should've waited or chose another sector to do business in. Perhaps starting a business was not right for them.
- Initiating Change in an Organization - Change is necessary but it will be met with resistance. The article deals with how to initiate and lead change.
- Myths about Entrepreneurs - Do you believe that entrepreneurs are different from the rest of us? Do you see them as risk takers who are born with an innate feel for success in business? Think again, they are just like us, but still the myths abound.
- 20 Entrepreneurial Traits for Success - Through their actions entrepreneurs have the capacity to initiate and sustain economic growth as they run their various small enterprises. A number of entrepreneurial traits have been identified as being the core competencies for small enterprise success.
- Do You Run Your Office The Way You Run Your Home? – Part One - A messy desk is a sign of genius, or so they say. Actually it might just be a sign of a messy person. Disorder in the home often means there's disorder in the workplace. Not good!
- Was Jane Austen an Entrepreneur Part 1 - Jane Austen was certainly a genius, but was she an entrepreneur? Given that the act of women writing books and publishing them was frowned upon by some sectors of Regency England, it would appear she had a certain spirit.
- Basic Freelance Terminoloy - Many new freelancers are very ignorant when it comes to freelancing language. Being familiar with the basic freelancing terminology before starting will make communication with clients much easier, and could help earn some extra cash at that initial stage.
- 4 Simple but Effective Techniques of Entrepreneurs - Successful entrepreneurs are perhaps the first source of priceless lessons for all of us. Would you like emulate successful entrepreneurs and make their success yours? What do you think they did differently from scores of others who tried but failed? Read on
- Million Dollar Franchisee - You don't have to spend a lot of money and start off a fancy office to be a million dollar franchisee. You just need to do the right things at the right time. Here's what you will need to get started as a million dollar franchisee -- hot tips from successful franchisees.
- Why to Just Say No Part 2 - Saying yes to a customer isn't always the right thing to do and it can land you in trouble. Save your business reputation and maintain good customer relations by saying NO!
- Summer Solutions for Working Moms Part 1 - Summer break is something all kids look forward to, but many work at home moms dread. Trying to satisfy the needs of a business and those of the kids can prove taxing even for the most efficient women.
- Summer Solutions For Working Moms Part 2 - Summer break is something all kids look forward to, but many work at home moms dread. Trying to satisfy the needs of a business and those of the kids can prove taxing even for the most efficient women.
- 7 Things That Make Clients Hate You Part 2 - Less than scrupulous sales people give others a bad name. Here's how to make sure you earn yourself a good reputation as an understanding salesperson who delivers. Don't follow this advice and you could add yourself to the rank of the despised.
- Gaining the Edge Through Customer Service - The type of customer service that you receive when you visit any business premise regardless of whether it is physical or even online will almost always inform your decision to or not to do business with that product/service provider again. What are the elements of superior customer service that you and your employees should adopt to keep ahead of the competition?
- Finding the Perfect Niche as an Entrepreneur - Finding the prefect niche as an entrepreneur starts with unlocking passion. A job that is enjoyed is no longer a job making the path to a successful business easier to walk.
- Why No One Believed You When You Said You'd Make it Big - You never went to business school; you've only ever worked as an employee for someone else. Suddenly you got that 'eureka' moment and come up with a great business idea. Funny then that no-one believed you'd make it a reality.
- Emotional Intelligence and the Entrepreneur - How does emotional intelligence help in entrepreneurship?
- Enhancing Personal Creativity for Entreprenuership - The development of entrepreneurial capabilities calls for the development of critical and creative thinking. Both of these qualities can be taught to people but the real success will only be achieved when the individual can, on his/her own, manage to maintain a mind that is open and inquisitive or enquiring. The failure to develop personal creativity portends a significant threat to entrepreneurship.
- Roles of a Small Business Owner - Small business owners wear a lot of different hats. How many? You might be surprised to learn about the various roles of a small business owner.