You can get PR on your own, but sometimes it's a smart move to bring in the pros. We explain when to hire a PR agency, how to select a public relations firm and how to work with a PR firm to get the best possible results.
- Hiring PR Firms - Avoid PR firms during the primary stages of company inception. Find a form that meets your needs, expectations and costs. And most importantly, do not expect them to do wonders!
- PR Firm Myths, Misperceptions and Mistakes - A PR firm can make your job easier, but they can't solve all your company's problems. A lot of business owners hire PR firms for all the wrong reasons. Why? Because most of them are unaware of the myths, misperceptions, and mistakes that surround PR firms.
- What to Look For In a PR Firm - Hiring a PR firm can be a major leap forward in your efforts to promote your company's name in the media. But knowing what to look for in a PR firm can be tricky. Here are our must-have characteristics to look for in your next PR firm.
- Avoiding the PR Firm Black Box Problem - How much do you know about what your PR firm is doing for your business? PR firms didn't used to tell their clients much about the internal workings of their PR engine. Those days are over. Here are a few things you should know about your PR firm's activities.
- PR Firms Cannot Work Miracles - Hiring a PR firm is no cure-all. The simple fact of the matter is that some companies are better positioned to benefit from PR than others. Here are a few signs that hiring a PR firm might not be the best use of your company's resources.
- PR Relationships or PR Execution -- Which Is Better? - Media contacts are a factor in selecting a PR firm. But it's more important to understand the firm's process and assess the results they've gotten for their clients. That's because in the world of PR, relationships aren't as important as you might think.