Wondering how to start advertising a business? Before you start advertising, be sure you understand the fundamentals of advertising.
(article continues below)
Interestingly, some small business owners never tap into the power of advertising to grow their business.
At the same time, other business owners assume that advertising will solve all of their customer acquisition challenges.
Here, explained in simple terms, we discuss what advertising can and cannot do for your business.
What Advertising Can Do For Your Business
- Remind customers and prospects about the benefits of your product or service
- Establish and maintain your distinct identity
- Enhance your reputation
- Encourage existing customers to buy more of what you sell
- Attract new customers and replace lost ones
- Slowly build sales to boost your bottom line
- Promote your business to customers, investors and others
What Advertising Cannot Do For Your Business
- Create an instant customer base
- Cause an immediate sharp increase in sales
- Solve cash flow or profit problems
- Substitute for poor or indifferent customer service
- Sell useless or unwanted products or services
Now that you understand how advertising can affect your business, it's time to take the next step and develop an advertising plan.
Remember to experiment when you advertise. If an advertisement works, do more of it. If it doesn't, tweak the advertising plan and try again.