Thinking about starting a business in Everly, Iowa? This step-by-step guide walks you through the major decisions you should consider before opening a new business in Everly.
Are You Ready for Life as an Owner?
Running your own business is difficult, much harder than working as an employee. Are you sure you have the stamina and skills to succeed on your own?
Because entrepreneurship is not for everyone, we recommend you do the following to help you assess whether you should move forward with starting a business:
- Speak with other entrepreneurs in Everly. Listen closely to their experiences and see if you think you too can be successful.
- You should read The Entrepreneurial Personality. It's a good read for those who are thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.
- Reach out to a trusted acquaintance. Ask them directly: Do I have what it takes to be an entrepreneur? Listen carefully to their answer, as they presumably know your strengths and weaknesses.
Everly, Iowa Demographic Information
Everly has an active business community that includes small businesses, mid-sized businesses and large businesses.
To give you a better feel for Everly demographics for small businesses, we have tabulated the small business sizes, based on number of employees, for business in Everly.
|Business Size||# of|
|All Everly Businesses
As a new Everly entrepreneur, you may also be interested in the table below. It shows how many businesses there are in Everly for each business category. By looking at this chart, you can get a general sense for how much competition there is in the business niche that you are pursuing.
Construction Sand and Gravel Mining
Drinking Places (Alcoholic Beverages)
Internet Service Providers
Wired Telecommunications Carriers
Have You Considered Buying an Existing Everly Business?
An excellent way to get started in business is to Buy a Business in Iowa. Follow that link and you may find several good businesses for sale in Everly.
If you are serious about buying a business, you may want to read this article: Hold Harmless Agreements When Buying Businesses.
Naming the Company
A big decision when starting a company is choosing a company name. Believe it or not, choosing a good company name can be a big contributor to your business success.
Pick a company name that isn't too generic. If you do a search engine search for your proposed name and a billion results come up, you may want to reconsider the name. It's much easier to come up in the search engines when your name is fairly unique.
To get up to speed on what makes for a good company name, we encourage you to read this useful article: Branding Advice.
There's one other important factor when naming a business. Since you are planning on starting a business in Everly, it's critical that you ensure that no other Iowa company is using the business name you want to use.
Startup Financing Basics
Getting your Everly business the capital it needs to succeed is a difficult chore. In fact, financing your new business may be the hardest challenge you ever face.
Fortunately, this site contains dozens of articles on raising money, including one we recommend entitled 504 Loans.
For Everly entrepreneurs on the hunt for startup funding, check out our List of Iowa Angel Investors and our List of Iowa Venture Capital Firms.
Marketing Your New Venture
To rise above the crowd in Everly and grow your business, having an excellent marketing plan is fundamental to your doing well.
We have some helpful resources on this site for entrepreneurs who are working on marketing plans. Billboard Advertising Costs is an article that will stimulate a few thoughts on your marketing plan. That's just a sampling of the many useful articles we have on Marketing a Small Business.
Never Give Up
As an entrepreneur in Everly, you won't be working for the boss anymore. You are the boss.
Owning your own business will be a daunting task, but you can do it.
Our goal here is to promote the vitality and growth of small businesses in Everly and throughout the United States . We believe entrepreneurship is an amazing engine for job creation in Everly, neighborhood development and overall economic health.
More Entrepreneurial Resources for Starting a Business in Everly, Iowa
Here are more links that we believe will help you be successful in starting a business in Everly.
- Resources for Everly, Iowa Entrepreneurs - Browse a variety of resources we've collected to assist Everly entrepreneurs.
- Iowa Entrepreneurial Resources - We've gathered state-level entrepreneurial resources to help new entrepreneurs who are based in Iowa.
- Iowa Small Business Development Center - The Iowa SBDC conducts research, counsels, and trains business people in management, financing, and operating small businesses. They provide comprehensive information services and access to experts in a variety of fields. This is a great resource for Iowa entrepreneurs!