Need help getting government contracts? Once you learn how to get federal contracts, your business will take off. We can teach you how to get government contracts, from finding government contracts to bid on to maximizing your chances of being selected to work as a government contractor.
- Government Contract Myths and Misperceptions - Forget everything you think you know about government contracts. We'll dispel government contract myths and misperceptions so you can start taking advantage of this valuable revenue source in your small business.
- Finding Government Contract Opportunities - Sounds too good to be true, doesn't it? The government is required by law to announce its procurement needs. So in theory, there should be plenty of opportunities for your business, right? Well, that's true…provided that you know how to find government contracting opportunities.
- Understanding Bid Packages for Government Contracts - You've learned about a government contracting opportunity that seems perfect for your business. Now the key to nailing it down is to thoroughly read the bid package and understand the pricing/bidding requirements. Here's what you need to look for when you review the bid package.
- Common Reasons for Not Winning Government Contracts - You thought you met all the requirements, but you still didn't win the government contract you were counting on. So what went wrong? Maybe it was one of these common reasons for not winning government contracts.
- Small Businesses Should Start With Smaller Government Contracts - Many small businesses have become big businesses by learning how to get government contracts. A study by American Express OPEN suggests that starting with small federal contracts can put you on the path to getting large federal contracts.
- Getting Federal Contracts - Make no mistake about it. Federal contracting is an important avenue of growth for many small businesses to consider. Want to know the best way to get a federal contract if you own a small business? Persistence.
- Selling to State Government Agencies - Winning a federal contract is great, but it's often easier to win state government contracts. If your business is interested in getting government contracts with state agencies, these tips will put your company on the fast track for selling to state government agencies.