Cabling and Wiring
Cabling & Wiring Service Benefits
Cabling and wiring services providers are a must for a small business. Sure, you'll pay for their services. But you'll pay a lot more if you bungle the job and miss out on the cabling and wiring service benefits that are available to you.
So you're getting ready to install voice and data systems with all the latest bells and whistles.
Congratulations, you're really going to enjoy the features you'll receive from your new telecommunication system. But have you given any thought to cabling and wiring? If not, your new installation may come to a screeching halt.
Here's why: The quality of your cabling and wiring installation is just as important as the quality of the voice and phone systems you're installing. A haphazard or unprofessional cabling installation can make network-based solutions unusable and jeopardize a successful implementation process. Fortunately, professional cabling and wiring service vendors can make the job a lot easier. Here's a quick overview of the benefits they provide:
- Less hassle. No doubt about it, the network cabling service feature you'll appreciate the most is the fact that you don't have to run new wiring yourself. Unless you really like dragging yourself through every crawl space and ceiling in your office, let someone else handle the hassle and mess.
- Testing. Business cabling vendors test the system after installation to make sure it conforms to system specs, industry standards and national/local regulations. That's something that can't be duplicated with in-house resources.
- Functionality. When you outsource cabling to a vendor, you're guaranteed to receive the wiring infrastructure that is necessary for the full functionality of your voice and data systems.
- Compliance. Vendors make sure your wiring meets compliance standards with national & local governments, manufacturers and governing bodies that include the ANSI (American National Standards Institute), the EIA (Electronic Industries Association), and the TIA (Telecommunication Industries Association).
- Assessment. Professional business-grade cable service vendors will assess your current wiring to determine what does (and hopefully doesn't) have to be upgraded. Without a professional assessment, you could replace cabling that is in perfect working order.
- Risk management. If you've confirmed that your vendor is fully insured, you offload the financial risk of damaging your equipment or building space. That might seem insignificant – until you attempt an in-house installation that damages much more than your ego.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs