Resources for Entrepreneurs
Our Contributing Authors
We are thankful to our many contributors who share our passion for helping entrepreneurs.
Our contributors include a diverse base of talented folks, including journalists who cover small businesses, small business owners and other entrepreneurs who wish to share their wisdom, and many others who find the world of entrepreneurship fascinating and have a penchant for writing.
If you would like to write for this site, please contact us.
- Adam Roy - Adam Roy is an accomplished writer specializing in business writing and topics of interest to entrepreneurs and small business owners. His own fast-growing small business, Roy Writing, is based in Northbrook, Illinois.
- Alan Olsen - Alan Olsen, CPA, MBA (Tax), is managing partner at Greenstein, Rogoff, Olsen & Co., LLP (GROCO). Known in the industry as the Tax Ninja, Alan is a recognized expert on a wide range of tax and accounting subjects. He brings more than 25 years of invaluable expertise in public accounting to tax planning and strategies for venture capitalists, entrepreneurs and everyday people.
- Amber Miller - Amber is a small business owner with real-world experience. In addition to writing articles for Gaebler.com, Amber Miller is busy running her businesses and raising a family.
- Amy Bax - Amy Bax is interested in providing innovative informational resources to entrepreneurs. She is currently an MBA student at the University of Missouri - Columbia.
- Andrew Goldman - Andrew Goldman is an Isenberg School of Management MBA student at the University of Massachusetts Amherst. He has extensive experience working with small businesses on a consulting basis.
- Angela Ly - Angela is currently an MBA student at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. Ms. Ly is looking to specialise in Finance, and has an interest in exploring topics in entrepreneurship and strategies for small businesses.
- Ankur Hazarika - Ankur Hazarika is currently studying at the School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology (SJMSOM, IIT B), in Mumbai, India. He has been closely associated with a host of entrepreneurship networks like NEN, TiE and BarCamp, and has worked with the Indian business incubator, Society for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (SINE).
- Anna Gaebler - Anna Gaebler is a part-time writer for this site. Outside of writing, her passions include soccer, friends and family.
- Anna Lempereur - Anna Lempereur is a freelance writer interested in writing about small business. She is currently a Journalism major at the University of Albany in New York.
- Anne Hauser - Anne Hauser is a freelance writer who is currently a double major in Magazine Journalism and English at the University of Missouri.
- Ashwin Satyanarayana - Ash has an undergraduate degree in engineering and an MBA from Ohio University. Today he is a corporate trainer, business coach and a freelance writer.
- Bennet Grill - Bennet Grill is a writer who has a passion for business and finance. He is currently an Economics major at Duke University in North Carolina.
- Bobby Jan - Cheng Ming (Bobby) Jan is an Economics major at the University of Chicago who has a strong interest in entrepreneurship and investing.
- Brenda Stokes - Brenda is a graduate of California State University and a professional writer covering a variety of business topics. To learn more about Brenda, check out her website at The Digital Inkwell.
- Brent Pace - Brent Pace is currently an MBA candidate at University of California at Berkeley. Originally from Salt Lake City, Brent's experience is in commercial real estate development and management. Brent will have tips for small business owners as they negotiate their real estate needs.
- Celeste Heiter - Celeste Heiter is an entrepreneur and professional writer. She has owned several businesses, is a graphic designer and an expert on Japan and its culture. Today Celeste devotes her time to writing about a variety of business topics.
- Charles Mburugu - Charles Mburugu writes for us from his home in Nairobi. He has a graduate degree in Business Management from Kenya Institute of Management. He is interested in writing about branding, CSR and intellectual property.
- Chris Martin - Chris Martin has been a professional writer for the last seven years. He is interested in franchises and equity acquisition.
- Christopher Kenney - Christopher Kenney is a Search Marketing Specialist at VistaPrint (www.vistaprint.com), a leading online supplier of high-quality graphic design services and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers.
- Chukwuma Asala - Chukwuma Asala is an international student from Nigeria who is studying to earn an MBA from the State University of New York in Albany. He has analyzed more than 20 industry case studies throughout his education thus far, and hopes to bring some of his business knowledge to Gaebler.com.
- Clayton Reeves - When he's not playing racquetball or studying for a class, Clayton Reeves enjoys writing articles about entrepreneurship. He is currently an MBA student at the University of Missouri with a concentration in Economics and Finance.
- Cory Thompson - Cory Thompson enjoys writing about topics of interest to entrepreneurs and small business owners. He is an MBA graduate from Weber State University and is currently working as a contracting officer at Hill Air Force Base in Roy, Utah.
- Dave Mischler - Dave Mischler is President of Sun Advisory, which creates and operates Inner Circle peer advisory groups for Chicago area business owners. Previously, Dave worked in marketing, in leadership roles at Leo Burnett; Foote, Cone & Belding; Aon Corporation; and LaSalle Bank -- and in accounting at Deloitte. Dave has an undergraduate degree in accounting from The Ohio State University and an MBA from Indiana University.
- Domenic Rinaldi - Domenic Rinaldi is president and managing partner of Chicagoland Sunbelt, a business brokerage firm that focuses on helping people buy and sell businesses in Chicago and the surrounding Midwest area. Rinaldi is a Certified Business Intermediary (CBI) from the International Business Brokers Association and an expert in the business brokerage field. He brings more than 24 years of experience in merger/acquisition, sales, service, marketing and operations to the business brokerage arena. Domenic can be reached by phone at 773-243-1603.
- Ed Teixeira - Ed Teixeira is President of FranchiseKnowHow, LLC, a franchise consulting firm; and a managing principal in the Bridge Business Broker Franchise Company. He may be reached at (631) 246-5782 or at www.franchiseknowhow.com.
- Farhaa Xha - Farhaa is a student pursuing a concentration in Economics and Finance at London school of Economics and Political Science, University of London. She is passionate about making accounting and economics accessible to entrepreneurs. Farhaa will also be sharing unconventional yet effective ways of recruiting.
- Gautam Patil - Gautam Patil is a recent MBA graduate from the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore. In addition to serving as a contributing writer for Gaebler.com, he will join the consulting firm Oliver Wyman at their London office.
- Gregory Steffens - Gregory Steffens is a talented writer with a strong interest in business strategy and strategic management. He is currently completing his MBA degree, with an emphasis in finance, at the University of Missouri.
- James Garvin - James Garvin began his education studying biotechnology. In recent years he has turned his interest in technology to helping two internet startup companies. The first business was an online personal financial network and the second was an e-marketing platform created to help entrepreneurs demo their web sites. Currently a student at University of California Davis, James is spending his summer incubating two new online businesses and writing about his entrepreneur experiences.
- Jason Farley - Jason Farley is head of Business Development for Leaders Moving & Storage Company, based in Columbus Ohio.
- Jay Shapiro - Jay Shapiro is a freelance writer based in the UK. Jay has a particular interest in the emotive aspects of the entrepreneur's character. "Alongside the nuts and bolts of business, the character of the person is often the ingredient responsible for success."
- Jennifer Yaborough - Jennifer Yaborough is a Senior Marketing Manager in charge of VistaPrint's quarterly catalog. VistaPrint (www.vistaprint.com) is an online supplier of graphic design services and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers.
- John Foley - John Foley has been assisting business owners with health insurance coverage for over 20 years. He is currently running his own small business health insurance consulting firm, Benefit Consulting Group.
- John Harelson - John Harelson is a veteran banker, based in San Diego, California. Mr. Harelson aids business owners in securing working capital, equipment and real estate financing.
- Kathryn Lang - Kathryn Lang is a professionial writer and motivational speaker. She enjoys writing about a wide variety of business topics including youth businesses and finance.
- Kevin Sasser - Kevin Sasser is Vice President of Sales for Company.com, the online SMB lead generation and business social community that helps businesses save money, make money, and grow.
- Kristin Marquet - Kristin Marquet will be receiving her MBA from Harvard University in Fall of 2010. She has worked in the marketing and public relations field for over 10 years.
- Lauren Eichmann - Lauren Eichmann's interest in journalism dates back to the writing she did for her high school newspaper in Saint Charles, Illinois. With a journalism degree from the University of Illinois, Lauren now works full-time in public relations but occasionally writes as a freelancer on topics that interest her, including topics related to small business and entrepreneurship.
- Mac Cassity - Mac Cassity is an entrepreneur and business person. Mac began writing professionally when he was twelve years old for a comic book collecting publication. Today, he has experience in insurance agency management and runs his own freelance writing business, Mac the Knife Articles.
- Madi Gaebler - Madi Gaebler is an expert on kids and money. In her spare time, she enjoys playing soccer and spending time with her friends.
- Malarvizhi K - Malarvizhi K is a student at the Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore(IIMB). Most recently, Malarvizhi worked at Macquarie Capital Advisers.
- Melissa Crowe - Melissa Crowe is the vice president of marketing services at VistaPrint, an online supplier of graphic design and printed products to small businesses and consumers.
- Nidhi Ann Raj - Nidhi Ann Raj is a gifted writer who is currently pursuing post-graduate studies at George Brown College in Toronto Canada, where she is specializing in Marketing and Finance.
- Rahul Kumar - Rahul Kumar writes about entrepreneurial topics while he completes his Masters in Management degree at the ESCP-EAP European School of Management. He completed his undergraduate studies at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Delhi, India.
- Rayzelle Forrest Young - Rayzelle is an entrepreneur and writer. Based on her experiences as an owner of her own dance studio, she will share her personal tips on being a successful entrepreneur.
- Richard San Juan - Richard San Juan is currently pursuing an MBA degree with an emphasis in Finance from DePaul University in Chicago. He is particularly interested in writing about business news and strategies.
- Robert Cutler - Robert Cutler is an Associate Attorney in the New York office of Akerman Senterfitt and is experienced in advising individuals on legal aspects of starting up, expanding, reorganizing and unwinding businesses, including non-profit businesses. He provides legal representation to publicly and privately held companies, as well as individuals, in a variety of corporate transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, consolidations, recapitalizations, securities offerings and financings. He can be reached by email at [email protected].
- Rodney Miller - Rodney Miller is an experienced entrepreneur who likes to write about entrepreneurship. He has started numerous businesses, including a tanning salon and a landscaping company. Rodney is currently studying business management at Park University.
- Rosalind Resnick - Rosalind Resnick is the founder and CEO of Axxess Business Consulting, a New York consulting firm that advises startups and small businesses.
- Samuel Muriithi - Samuel Muriithi is a business owner in Nairobi, Kenya. He has extensive international business experience in the United States and India.
- Scott Scheper - Scott Scheper is a venture finance enthusiast and serial entrepreneur hailing from Orange County, CA. Scott recently graduated from Chapman University where he was a Cheverton Fellow and graduated with honors in Finance, Management and Marketing.
- Simon Slade - Simon Slade is the founder of SaleHoo, a global product sourcing startup that grew to over 50,000 subscribers in less than three years.
- Stefan Martinovic - Stefan Martinovic has an extensive body of work across the financial services, manufacturing, and retail industries. He is currently pursuing an MBA in Management and Entrepreneurship at The College of William & Mary.
- Steve Adams - Steve Adams is Vice President of Marketing for Protus, provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) communication tools for small-to-medium businesses (SMB) and enterprise organizations.
- Stuart Robertson - Stuart Robertson is general manager of ShareBuilder Advisors, a subsidiary of ING DIRECT and operator of ShareBuilder401(k).
- Tamsen Valoir, PhD - Tamsen Valoir, PhD is a partner in the Houston office of Baker & McKenzie, LLP. She has a JD and LLM in Intellectual Property, a doctorate in molecular biology from Rice University, and her practice is primarily in intellectual property in the life sciences. As a leading Houston patent attorney, she can assist scientists with patent preparation and prosecution, opinion writing, IP due diligence and licensing in the life sciences. She can be reached at [email protected] or by phone at (713) 427-5007.
- Ted Thomas - Ted Thomas is the Managing Partner of Sun Exit Advisors. He has enjoyed over 30 years of hands-on experience as a business owner, business consultant, real estate investor and entrepreneurial executive. Sun Exit Advisors assists owners in navigating the complex world of transition and exit planning. In collaboration with existing counsel and other relevant advisors, Ted's firm develops a comprehensive plan to ensure the achievement of his clients' exit objectives.
- Thomas Tran - Thomas Tran is a student with the School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University. He has acquired an appreciation for entrepreneurs inside and outside the hotel industry, and hopes to share his experiences.
- Tim Morral - Tim Morral is a veteran business writer who specializes in helping entrepreneurs launch and grow their companies. Based in Rochester, NY, Tim has worked extensively in the areas of brand communications and small business content creation.
- Trynka Shineman - Trynka Shineman is chief marketing officer of VistaPrint, the small business marketing company. VistaPrint (www.vistaprint.com) is a leading online supplier of high-quality graphic design services and customized printed products to small businesses and consumers.
- Wayne Beevers - Wayne Beevers enjoys writing about business as a freelancer. He is a recent graduate from Hastings College in Nebraska, where he earned degrees in Accounting and Economics.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs