Crisis PR isn't something many companies think about until they are in the middle of a crisis. That's a mistake. We take a look at crisis communications best practices, covering everything from putting together a crisis PR plan to dealing with negative news about a company or an executive.
- How to Handle a Business Crisis - Your business suddenly finds itself at the center of a PR nightmare. You didn't prepare for it and you have no idea how to respond. What now? We'll teach you how to handle a business crisis in a way that protects your business and your sanity.
- Corporate Crisis Spokesperson Selection - You are in the midst of a crisis and its time to face the media. But who should go under the media spotlight -- your CEO, the head of a business unit, or a PR specialist? Corporate crisis spokesperson selection isn't as easy as it sounds, but we'll tell you everything you need to know to get it right.
- Online Crisis Communications - Corporate crises can happen in a store, at sea, in an office -- just about anywhere. But regardless of where the actual crisis occurs, the place where negative publicity will spread fastest is on the Internet. Good PR gets ahead of the curve by carefully monitoring and managing online crisis communications.
- Crisis Prevention Plan - The choice between managing a crisis and avoiding it in the first place is really no choice at all. Yet it's surprising how many crisis management plans focus on how to respond to crises rather than how to avoid them. Here's how to integrate a crisis prevention plan into your larger crisis management strategy.
- When to Hire a Crisis PR Firm - A crisis PR firm can help you prepare for a crisis before it happens. Whether you think your company is vulnerable to a crisis or not, you need a solid strategy for handling worst-case scenarios -- and a crisis PR firm can help you get it long before the reporters arrive at your door.
- Elements of a Crisis Communications Plan - You've been tasked with putting together your company's crisis communications plan. It's a big job, but you can do it well -- if you know the critical elements of a crisis communications plan and how to apply them to your business.
- Example of a Crisis Press Release - When a few bad actors tarnish an entire industry, the industry needs to organize, hire a crisis PR firm and start fighting back. Here's an example of a crisis press release issued by an industry association.
- Reasons to Conduct Crisis PR Vulnerability Assessments - If you don't anticipate potential crises and prepare for them, you're setting your company up for potential disaster. Whether you know it or not, you have a lot of reasons to conduct crisis PR vulnerability assessments and to develop an effective crisis management plan ASAP.