Backup and Recovery
Disaster Readiness Assessment
Are you ready for a data disaster? Take our disaster readiness assessment to see if you've prepared well enough to survive a disaster.
This simple Disaster Preparedness Questionnaire will help you assess whether your organization is prepared for a disaster that might put your organizational data at risk.
To assess your disaster readiness, answer "Yes" or "No" to the questions below.
- Are you familiar with and in compliance with all Regulatory Compliance requirements in your industry?
- Have you assessed the environmental hazards that your business infrastructure is exposed to due to your geographical location?
- Are you currently backing up data?
- Is your data backed up automatically or is human intervention required?
- Is your data backed up on a near real-time basis?
- Is your backup data automatically transmitted to and stored in a remote location?
- Are your data backups encrypted?
- Does your backup solution continue to backup data during recovery?
- Can you recover not only the most recent data, but also data from older time horizons, such as past quarters and years?
- If a key staff member leaves your business, would you still be able to recover your data in a timely manner?
- Have you role played a disaster scenario and ensured that your disaster recovery and business continuity processes actually work?
- Are you confident that a disaster or business continuity challenge would not result in a significant revenue loss or threaten your organizational survival?
Assessing Your Results
After completing the survey below, count your "No" votes.
Your organization gets an F if you have 6 or more "No" responses. If you've got 4 or more "No" responses, you get a C. Want an A grade? You need to have no "No" answers.
Is your organization prepared for a disaster? Are you executing industry best practices for data backup and recovery? If not, it's probably a smart move to bring in a disaster recovery consultant to assess your organization more thoroughly and put in place the right infrastructure, processes and policies to help you survive a disaster.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs