Is your business in compliance with the Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA)? Are employees asking you about maternity leave? The family leave act allows eligible employees to take time off for the birth or adoption of a child, to care for a family member, or for a serious health condition.
- FMLA Overview - The Family and Medical Leave Act secured important benefits for employees who need to attend to a major family event or health crisis. But what does it mean for small business employers?
- Businesses Covered by the Family and Medical Leave Act - You know that the Family and Medical Leave Act has ramification for big corporations, but as a small business you're exempt, right? Maybe not . . .
- Family and Medical Leave Act Poster Requirements - Compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act requires more than just granting leaves to eligible employees. You're also required to meet FMLA poster requirements in your workplace.
- Reasons Employees Can Take FMLA Leave - The Family and Medical Leave Act has strict criteria about the reasons employees can take a leave . . . and as a small business employer, you have a stake in making sure your employees are requesting leaves for the right reasons.
- FMLA Recordkeeping Requirements - The Family and Medical Leave Act includes recordkeeping mandates for employers. If you don't know what those mandates are, your business may be violating federal law.