Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Alabama
Incorporation can be an effective strategy for Alabama business owners. Here are some helpful tools to help you incorporate your small business in Alabama.
The Alabama Corporations Division operates as a depository for records of domestic corporate entities and foreign entities that have qualified to transact business in Alabama.
Entities served include For-Profit Corporations, Non-Profit Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, and Registered Limited Liability Partnerships.
Alabama Secretary of State
Attn: Corporations Division
P.O. Box 5616
Montgomery, AL 36103-5616
Incorporate in Alabama
Useful Alabama Incorporation Links
- Alabama Secretary of State - Home Page - In Alabama, incorporation is handled by the Secretary of State's Office. The current Secretary of State for Alabama is Beth Chapman.
- Search Alabama Corporate Records - Search Alabama state records for corporate information. You can search by corporation name, corporation number, officer, agent, or incorporator.
- Domestic (In-State) Filing Information - Frequently asked questions and links regarding the incorporation of for-profit and not-for-profit corporations in Alabama.
- Foreign (Out-of-State) Filing Information - Frequently asked questions and helpful links to file for incorporation as a Foreign Corporation in Alabama.
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLPs) Filing Information - Forms for filing for an LLP in Alabama, costs for forming an LLP in Alabama and procedures for filing an LLP in Alabama.
- Form a Domestic or Foreign Limited Liability Company (LLC) - Outlines fees for creating an LLC in Alabama and the procedures for creating a foreign or domestic LLC in Alabama.
- Alabama Incorporation Filing Fees - A complete list of all Corporation Division Filing Fees for the State of Alabama.
- Reserving Corporate Names in Alabama - Frequently asked questions regarding how to reserve a business name in Alabama.
- Download Forms for Incorporating in Alabama - Online access to all forms needed to incorporate in Alabama.
- State of Alabama Home Page - General information about Alabama and links to all business concerns for Alabama corporations.
- Contact the Alabama Corporations Division - Contact information for the Alabama Secretary of State.
Last updated September 25, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs