Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in District of Columbia
Sometimes it just makes sense to pursue incorporation for a small business in the District of Columbia. If incorporation is on the agenda for your DC-based small business, here is a list of DC incorporation resources you can't live without.
Incorporating in Washington DC is an easy task. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs
941 North Capitol Street,
NE Washington, DC 20002
Incorporate in Washington, D.C.
Useful Washington, D.C. Incorporation Links
- Office of the Secreatary - Access the Secretary's office for the District of Columbia.
- Business Division - The Business Division is responsible for all forms and regulations for opening a business in Washington, D.C.
- Starting a Business in Washington, D.C. - The Secretary's office provides a guide to starting a business in the District of Columbia.
- Apply for a Business License - Information about all business licenses need in the District of Columbia.
- Renew Business Filings - Use this web site to renew all your business forms and filing with the District of Columbia.
- FAQs - Answers to frequently asked questions about conducting business in Washington, D.C.
- Tax Services - Online access to all tax information for businesses in the District of Columbia.
- Nonprofit Planning - Information about and requirements for opening a nonprofit in Washington, D.C.
- Business Resource - Information about and links to many resources available to entrepreneurs opening businesses in the District of Columbia.
Last updated on March 1, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs