Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Florida
Incorporation can be a viable way to fund growth in a Florida SMB. We've assembled a list of Florida incorporation tools and resources to help you transform your small business into a corporate business entity.
Incorporating in Florida just got a little easier. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
P.O. Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314
(850) 488-9000/(850) 245-6052
Incorporate in Florida
Useful Florida Incorporation Links
- Department Of State - The Department of State for Florida consists of the Office of the Secretary and the Divisions of Administrative Services, Corporations, Cultural Affairs, Elections, Historical Resources, and Library and Information Services.
- Sunbiz - Sunbiz is the corporations division of the Secretary of State office in Florida.
- Corporate Document Search - Sunbiz offers free online searches for all of the filing systems for the State of Florida.
- Electronic Filing & Certification - Sunbiz offers several methods information can be submitted to the Division for filing. In addition to E-filing (electronic fax filings), they offer on-line document filing for Fictitious Name Registration, Annual Report, Reinstatement, profit and nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, and judgment lien filings.
- Download Forms - All Division of Corporations' forms for the State of Florida are available for download in PDF format.
- Filing Fee Schedules - Filing Fee Schedules for Corporation Fees, Fictitious Name Fees, Judgment Lien Fees, Limited Partnership Fees, General, Partnership Fees, Limited Liability Company Fees and Trademark Fees for the State of Florida.
- Contact the Secretary of State - Information about how to contact the Secretary of State including phone, address and email lists.
- Florida Statutes - Search the Statute database for chapters and parts of Florida Statutes.
- Instructions for Filing a Florida Profit Corporation Online or by Mail - All information needed for the formation of a Florida Profit Corporation.
- Instructions for Filing a Florida Non-Profit Corporation Online or by Mail - All information needed for the formation of a Florida Non-Profit Corporation.
- OnLine Fictitious Name Registration - This site provides the convenience of online registration of fictitious names for the State of Florida.
- Help - Access to all help pages for the Secretary of State in Florida.
Last updated September 25, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs