Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Florida
Incorporation can be a viable way to fund growth in a Florida SMB. We've assembled a list of Florida incorporation tools and resources to help you transform your small business into a corporate business entity.
Incorporating in Florida just got a little easier. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Florida Department of State Division of Corporations
P.O. Box 6327
Tallahassee, FL 32314
(850) 488-9000/(850) 245-6052
Incorporate in Florida
Useful Florida Incorporation Links
- Department Of State - The Department of State for Florida consists of the Office of the Secretary and the Divisions of Administrative Services, Corporations, Cultural Affairs, Elections, Historical Resources, and Library and Information Services.
- Sunbiz - Sunbiz is the corporations division of the Secretary of State office in Florida.
- Corporate Document Search - Sunbiz offers free online searches for all of the filing systems for the State of Florida.
- Electronic Filing & Certification - Sunbiz offers several methods information can be submitted to the Division for filing. In addition to E-filing (electronic fax filings), they offer on-line document filing for Fictitious Name Registration, Annual Report, Reinstatement, profit and nonprofit corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, and judgment lien filings.
- Download Forms - All Division of Corporations' forms for the State of Florida are available for download in PDF format.
- Filing Fee Schedules - Filing Fee Schedules for Corporation Fees, Fictitious Name Fees, Judgment Lien Fees, Limited Partnership Fees, General, Partnership Fees, Limited Liability Company Fees and Trademark Fees for the State of Florida.
- Contact the Secretary of State - Information about how to contact the Secretary of State including phone, address and email lists.
- Florida Statutes - Search the Statute database for chapters and parts of Florida Statutes.
- Instructions for Filing a Florida Profit Corporation Online or by Mail - All information needed for the formation of a Florida Profit Corporation.
- Instructions for Filing a Florida Non-Profit Corporation Online or by Mail - All information needed for the formation of a Florida Non-Profit Corporation.
- OnLine Fictitious Name Registration - This site provides the convenience of online registration of fictitious names for the State of Florida.
- Help - Access to all help pages for the Secretary of State in Florida.
Last updated September 25, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs
Have any advice to share on how to incorporate in Florida? All comments and questions are welcome.