Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Iowa
Business incorporation in Iowa can be challenging. Our list of Iowa incorporation resources will equip you to deal with the details in Des Moines and lay the foundation for a successful incorporation experience.
Incorporating in Iowa is easier than you think. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State Corporations Division
Lucas Bldg., 1st Floor
Des Moines, IA 50319
Incorporate in Iowa
Useful Iowa Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Iowa's Secretary of State office.
- Search Databases - Search for any registered business entity in the state of Iowa.
- Online Filing - File UCC, Biennial Report, Biennial Agricultural Report, Notary Renewal, and the 28E Agreement for the State of Iowa.
- Forms and Fees - See fee schedules and download pdf versions all business forms needed in Iowa.
- Certificate of Good Standing - Obtain a certificate of good standing for an operating business in Iowa.
Last updated September 25, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs