Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Maine
Maine business incorporation can provide added security for your personal assets. So what are you waiting for? Take a look at our directory of Maine incorporation resources to learn how a corporate business structure can benefit both you and your Maine-based business.
Incorporating in Maine is a good way to protect yourself. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Corporate Examining Section
Secretary of State
101 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0101
Incorporate in Maine
Useful Maine Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Access to Maine's Secretary of State Office.
- Maine Corporations Division - Division of Corporations, UCC & Commissions for the State of Maine.
- Forming a Maine Corporation - Information about how to form a corporation in the State of Maine.
- Small Business Resources - Information and links for entrepreneurs wanting to start a business in Maine.
- Business Corporation - Forms, information and links for corporations in Maine.
- Online Corporate Services - Search for a corporation, file your annual report online or find additional corporate services in the State of Maine.
- Non-Profit Corporations - Forms, information and links for non-profit corporations in Maine.
- Marks and Trade Names Forms, fees and links for the Marks and Trade Names division of the Secretary of State office in Maine.
- UCC Online Services - Online filing service and searches of the Uniform of Commercial Code in Maine.
Last updated on September 26, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs