Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Maryland
At Gaebler, we know how important incorporation may be for your Maryland small business. So we've assembled a list of the best Maryland incorporation resources to help get your company's incorporation process off the starting block.
Protect yourself from personal liability by incorporating in Maryland. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT)
301 West Preston Street, 8th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201-2395
Incorporate in Maryland
Useful Maryland Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - General information from the Maryland Office of Secretary of State.
- Maryland Business Express - One stop shop with everything you'll possibly need related to starting and growing a business in Maryland.
- Assessments and Taxation - For the State of Maryland, the Department of Assessments and Taxation is the agency responsible for all information regarding UCC filings, Resident Agents, Certificates of Good Standing, business searches and other business and corporation information.
- Starting a New Business - Helpful resources when starting a new business in Maryland.
- UCC Electronic Filing, Search & Retrieval - Search (UCC) filings and access relevant forms and fees
- Business Entity Search - Search a database of all registered Maryland businesses.
- Starting a Business FAQ - Helpful answers to common questions asked by those who want to start a business in Maryland.
Last updated on September 26, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs