Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Michigan
Incorporation isn't right for every Michigan business. But if it's the right step for your Michigan business, we have the resources you need to formally become a corporate entity in the state of Michigan.
Don't put off incorporating in Michigan. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Michigan Department of Consumer & Industry Services
Bureau of Commercial Services - Corporation Division
7150 Harris Drive
P.O. Box 30054
Lansing, MI 48909
Incorporate in Michigan
Useful Michigan Incorporation Links
- Corporations Division - Visit the online home of the Michigan Corporations Division to access all resources needed to form a company in Michigan.
- Business Entity Search - Search for records of corporations, limited liability companies, and limited partnerships authorized to transact business in the State of Michigan.
- Corporation Forms - Download and view documents required to form a corporation in the State of Michigan.
- Limited Liability Company Forms - All the LCC documents needed to set up an LLC in Michigan.
- Limited Liability Partnership Form - LLP document needed to form an LLP in Michigan.
- Limited Partnership Forms - All the LP documents needed to start a limited partnership in Michigan.
- Trademark Service Mark and Insignia Forms - Download and view all the forms needed for Trademark service in the State of Michigan.
- Policies - Download and view all documents regarding policies set by the Secretary of State in Michigan.
- Publications - Download and view all publications issued by the Secretary of State in Michigan.
- Procedures - Download and view all the procedures in place at the Secretary of State office in Michigan.
- Statutes - All statutes for the State of Michigan.
Last updated September 26, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs