Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Minnesota
There's a good chance that incorporation is a perfect with your professional and personal goals for your Minnesota SMB. Here is a complete list of incorporation resources for Minnesota entrepreneurs and business owners.
Incorporating in Minnesota involves a few simple steps. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State
Business Services Division
180 State Office Building
100 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155-1299
Incorporate in Minnesota
Useful Minnesota Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Access to the Minnesota Secretary of State's Office.
- Business Forms - A list and pdf of forms for all entities doing business in Minnesota.
- Business Center - All things business for the State of Minnesota.
- Business Name Search - Instructions for checking if a business name is available in Minnesota.
- Search Business Filings - Find information on businesses registered in Minnesota.
- UCC - Search for UCC documents and file your UCC documents online.
- Registering a Business in Minnesota - Detailed, step-by-step instructions for opening a business in Minnesota.
- Business Renewal - File your annual business renewal online.
Last updated on September 26, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs