Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Ohio
There are clear advantages to incorporating an Ohio-based small business. Bu to avoid an incorporation catastrophe, take a look at our directory of the best Ohio incorporation resources for tips and tools on forming a corporate business entity in the state of Ohio.
You don't have to hire an attorney to incorporate in Ohio. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 670
Columbus, OH 43216
Incorporate in Ohio
Useful Ohio Incorporation Links
- Business Services - Homepage for the Ohio Secretary of State's office of Business Filings.
- Name Availability Search - Online search for all business names available in the State of Ohio.
- Name Availability Guide - Explanation of how to name a business in the State of Ohio.
- Search Filings - Search for corporation documents filed with the Secretary of State in the Ohio.
- Search Tips - Tips for searching the State of Ohio's corporation database.
- Filing Forms and Fee Schedule - List of all forms, addresses and fees for filing a corporation in the State of Ohio.
- Nonprofit Organizations - Information on how to start a nonprofit organization in the State of Ohio.
- Statutory Agents - Information regarding the State of Ohio's requirement to appoint and maintain a statutory agent when incorporating.
- Certificate of Good Standing - Information about Ohio's Certificate of Good Standing including links to obtain a certificate and check validation number.
- Trademarks and Service Marks - What is a trademark? What is a service mark? Learn about trademarks and service marks in Ohio.
- Expedite Service - Information about how to expedite corporation filings in the State of Ohio.
- Prepayment Accounts - Information about prepayment accounts in Ohio and links to set up and access a prepayment account.
- Business Services Publications - Links to a number of publications about how to do business in Ohio.
- Request a Business Report - Corporation listings are offered on a monthly basis in the State of Ohio. Request a monthly or special report.
- Online UCC Filing - Use this online service to file UCC forms in the State of Ohio.
- Search UCC Filing - Search the UCC database in the State of Ohio.
- UCC Filing Forms and Fee Schedule - Download forms, see all fees and find the addresses for UCC filings in the Sate of Ohio.
Last updated April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs