Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Rhode Island
Want to incorporate a business in Rhode Island? It's not nearly as difficult as you think it is -- but you'll need our list of Rhode Island incorporation resources and tips to do it right.
Protect your interests by incorporating in Rhode Island. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Office of the Secretary of State
Matthew A. Brown
Corporations Division, 1st Floor
100 North Main Street
Providence, RI 02903-1335
Incorporate in Rhode Island
Useful Rhode Island Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Access the Secretary of State office in Rhode Island.
- Resources for Businesses - Starting a business in Rhode Island? Here is a great starting point for finding information about doing business in Rhode Island.
- Business Filing Information - Information about all the forms you need to file a corporation in Rhode Island.
- Corporation Filing - File your corporation forms online with the State of Rhode Island.
- Name Availability - Check out the Rhode Island online service for checking on business name availability.
- First Stop Business - This site provides full-service support by providing customized packages that make it easier to apply for financing, obtain permits, make contacts and get answers from government at every level.
- Trademark and Service Mark - Register you trademark or service mark in Rhode Island.
- UCC - Access the UCC online resources and information for the State of Rhode Island.
Last updated on April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs