Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in South Carolina
South Carolina is a good environment for small business incorporation. Our guide to South Carolina incorporation resources is designed to help you successfully incorporate your South Carolina business without spending a fortune in legal or consulting fees.
Incorporating in South Carolina is a task you should jump on. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 11350
Columbia, SC 29211
Incorporate in South Carolina
Useful South Carolina Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Access to office of the Secretary of State in South Carolina.
- Division of Business Filings - The Division of Business Filings files organizing documents, amendments and all other forms related to the operation of corporations, limited liability companies, limited partnerships and limited liability partnerships.
- Business Filing FAQ - Answers to questions about doing business in South Carolina.
- Search Business Filings - Search businesses in the State of South Carolina.
- UCC Filings - General information and instructions about UCC Filings in South Carolina.
- UCC FAQ - Answers to frequently asked question regarding the UCC code in South Carolina.
- Register Business Opportunities - Before doing business in South Carolina, you must register your business with the Secretary of State.
- SC Business One Stop - A web-based program that allows users to electronically file business filings and other licenses with five state agencies - the Secretary of State, the Department of Revenue, the Employment Security Commission, the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Department of Consumer Affairs.
Last updated February 27, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs