Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in South Dakota
Why would you want to incorporate a business in South Dakota? Plenty of reasons! Check out our South Dakota incorporation resources directory for more information about the benefits and procedures involved with business incorporation in South Dakota.
Don't wait too long before incorporating in South Dakota. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State
500 E. Capitol Ave.
Pierre, SD 57501
Incorporate in South Dakota
Useful South Dakota Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Access the South Dakota Secretary of State office.
- Business Services - The Business division of the Secretary of State office in South Dakota.
- Corporations - The Corporations department is responsible for all business filings in the State of South Dakota.
- Corporate Database - Online search site for the corporation database in South Dakota.
- Corporate Forms - A complete list of all corporate forms needed to do business in the State of South Dakota.
- Fee Schedule - A complete list of all foreign and domestic forms and their corresponding filing fees.
- UCC - Information about the Uniform Commercial Code in South Dakota including forms and fees.
- Trademark Registration - Trademarks, emblems, farm/ranch names, and instructions for filing trademarks in South Dakota.
- Fictitious Name Registration - Use this online search and registration site to file a fictitious business name.
Last updated on April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs