Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Tennessee
If you're incorporating a business in Tennessee, you could spend thousands to hire a business consultant. Or you could save your cash and take a look at our comprehensive listing of Tennessee incorporation resources.
Incorporating in Tennessee alleviates the fear of losing personal assets because of a business liability. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Department of State
312 Eighth Avenue North 6th Floor,
William R. Snodgrass Tower
Nashville, TN 37243
Incorporate in Tennessee
Useful Tennessee Incorporation Links
- Tennessee Department of State - News, updates, and general information about the Tennessee Department of State office.
- Business Services - News, updates and answers to FAQs about starting a business in Tennessee.
- Business Information Search - Search for businesses by name in the State of Tennessee.
- Business Name Availability - Check if your business name idea is available in the State of Tennessee.
- Trademarks - Search the trademark database in Tennessee.
- UCC Search - This database reflects all active UCC1 Financing Statements on file with the Tennessee Secretary of State.
- Annual Report - Instructions and link on how to submit your annual report to the State of Tennessee online.
- One Stop Business Resource - Decide on a Business Name, File a Business Charter, Obtain a State Tax ID Number, or Obtain an Unemployment Insurance Number.
Last updated April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs