Want to incorporate in Texas? We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Secretary of State
P.O. Box 13697
Austin, TX 78711
Incorporate in Texas
Useful Texas Incorporation Links
- Search Corporations Database - The Secretary of State Online Access (SOSDirect) web access system provides subscribers with up-to-date, on-line computer access to a variety of information maintained by the Office of the Secretary of State for the State of Texas.
- Selecting a Business Structure - Tips for identifying what type of business structure you should form for your small business.
- Business Forms and Summaries - Forms and summaries for all the Business Organizations Codes in Texas.
- Nonprofit Organizations - Everything you need to know about nonprofit organizations in the State of Texas. Includes forms, FAQs and access to the Charitable Organization's Tax Filing database.
- Trademark Forms - Lists all forms needed for trademark application and assignment in the State of Texas.
- Fee Schedule - Fees for all corporation forms in the State of Texas.
- Filing Options & Aids - Explanation of the different options available for filing forms in Texas. Includes direction for downloading, filings by fax, expedited filings, online certificate validation and a range of payment methods.
- Public Information - The Secretary of State in Texas maintains a team of public information specialists to provide information from the agency's computer database. Business organization name availability or information about a specific entity may be obtained.
- Copies & Certificates - Directions on how to request copies of documents and certificates issued by the Texas Secretary of State's office.
- Tax Information - Includes information for the Texas State Franchise Tax and the Federal Income Tax.
- Business Start-Up Information- Links to everything you need to start a business in Texas, including, resources, licenses, taxes and trademarks.
- Foreign or Out-of-State Entities - Explains statutes and forms for starting a business in Texas if you are an out-of-State entity.
- Trademarks, Patents and Copyrights - Defines and provides forms for, filing for a Trademark, patent or Copyright in the State of Texas.
- Frequently Asked Questions- Answers to frequently asked questions to the corporations division of the Texas Secretary of State.
Last updated on April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.