Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Vermont
Each year, scores of Vermont entrepreneurs form business corporations. Our Vermont incorporation resources directory will help you navigate Vermont's incorporation process and get your corporation off to a solid start.
Incorporating in Vermont will safeguard your personal assets and allow you to tap into several other benefits of incorporation. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Vermont Secretary of State
81 River Street, Drawer 09
Montpelier, VT 05609
Incorporate in Vermont
Useful Vermont Incorporation Links
- Vermont Secretary of State - Access all the information available from the Secretary of State's office in Vermont.
- Corporations Division - The Corporations Division, which handles all business forms, for the State of Vermont.
- Vermont Corporations - Everything you ever wanted to know about incorporating as a for-profit domestic Vermont Corporation.
- Nonprofit Corporations - Information and forms for public benefit nonprofit corporations and mutual benefit nonprofit corporations in Vermont.
- The UCC Center - The State of Vermont helps you with all the Uniform Commercial Code forms and rules.
- Limited Liability Corporations - Forms, statutes and information about LLCs in Vermont.
- Partnership Filings - Information, forms and statutes for all partnership types in the State of Vermont.
- eFile Annual Report - File your Vermont Annual Report with this online service.
- Opening a Business in Vermont - An introduction to doing business in Vermont.
- Forms - Online filing of forms used by all business types in the State of Vermont.
- Corporation Search - In a single procedure search Corporations, Trade Names, Limited Liability Companies, Partnerships, Reservations, Registrations in the State of Vermont.
Last updated on September 20, 2020.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs