If you operate a Virginia business, incorporating in Virginia may be something you should explore. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Clerk of the State Corporation Commission
P.O. Box 1197
Richmond, VA 23218-1197
Incorporate in Virginia
Useful Virginia Incorporation Links
- State Corporation Commission - The Clerk of the Commission is the official custodian of the judicial and administrative records of the Virginia State Corporation Commission (SCC).
- Entity Search - Access Virginia's online system, CIS, to access information filed for foreign and state corporations in Virginia.
- Forms and Fees - Access to downloadable forms needed for all the filings needed to operate a business in Virginia.
- Expedited Services - For a fee, most forms for the State of Virginia can be expedited.
- Corporate Annual Reports - Access information about how to file an annual report, file electronically, or search the annual report database.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Answers to questions regarding Foreign Business Entities Transacting Business in Virginia, Virginia Nonstock Corporations, Registered Agents, or Business Entity Names.
- Entity Formation - Access to a guide and the forms needed when deciding to open a Virginia corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, or business trust.
- Reinstatement - Information and fees for reinstating a terminated or cancelled business in Virginia.
- Copies and Certificates - Information and fees for getting copies and certificates in Virginia.
- UCC and Federal Tax Lien Search - Access to Clerk's official database for UCC and Tax Lien searches.
- UCC Forms and Fees - Access to downloadable forms and the fees to file them with the Secretary of State in Virginia.
- UCC Rules and Guidelines - Links to full UCC Rules and Guidelines for Virginia.
- Federal Tax Liens - Tax Lien Filing fees for the State of Virginia.
Last updated on April 11, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.