Forming a Legal Entity
Incorporating in Wisconsin
Incorporation is a common move for both emerging and growing Wisconsin SMBs. Our list of Wisconsin incorporation resources will tell you how to form a corporation for your Wisconsin startup or existing company.
Incorporating in Wisconsin is a task that has to be done right. We've provided the contact information and links you'll need to incorporate.
Department of Financial Institutions
P.O. Box 7846
Madison, WI 53707-7846
Incorporate in Wisconsin
Useful Wisconin Incorporation Links
- Secretary of State - Home page for the Wisconsin Secretary of State.
- Corporations Division - The corporations division of the Secretary of State in Wisconsin.
- Corporate Registration Information System - This database contains information on business and nonprofit organizations registered with the Department of Financial Institutions.
- Certificate of Status - Electronic and mail options for filing a Certificate of Status in Wisconsin.
- Create a Corporation or LLC in Wisconsin - Forms and links for creating a business in Wisconsin.
- File Annual Report - Submit your annual report for filing online in Wisconsin.
- Forms - Forms for Corporations, Limited Liability Companies, Limited Partnerships, Foreign Entities, and more.
- Frequently Asked Questions - Answers to frequently asked questions regarding starting and running a business in Wisconsin.
- Business Wizard - The State of Wisconsin provides helpful information about starting a business.
- Fees - Links to filings and fees for businesses in Wisconsin.
- Statutes and Rules - A list and link for all statues and rules in Wisconsin.
Last updated on April 26, 2011.
If we are missing a good incorporation resource, please let us know.
Share this article
Additional Resources for Entrepreneurs