Small and medium-sized business call centers are faced with more demands than ever before.
Shrinking staff resources and increased call volumes are taxing even the most well-run operations. In order to meet the challenges of the marketplace, business owners are increasingly automating some inbound call functions with Interactive Voice Response (IVR) technology.
IVR systems give inbound callers the ability to conduct dynamic interactions without the involvement of your company's human assets. If a caller needs to interact with a live, call center representative they can, but many simple tasks (e.g. making a payment, verifying account status, etc.) are handled through either keypad or voice commands.
As a result, customers enjoy a more focused service experience. At the same time, businesses receive benefits that are vital to call center performance. Here's a sampling of the benefits many small and medium-sized businesses receive when they transition to an IVR system solution.
- Call center efficiency. First and foremost, IVR transforms your call center into a highly efficient work environment. Your dealer will work with you to create a streamlined menu of prompts and responses that channel inbound calls through a rational, system-wide process.
- Staff focus. Instead of spending their time handling mundane requests, your call center personnel can refocus their efforts on strategic functions. This can be especially helpful in a company that uses the call center primarily as a sales tool.
- Full system integration. Advanced IVR systems offer the possibility of complete integration with existing business applications. These systems provide informed, text-to-speech interactions using data stored in CRM, order tracking or other applications.
- 24/7 sales coverage. Although IVR won't necessarily automate complex sales cycles, it does create the potential for 24/7 sales coverage in businesses that use their call centers for simple ordering. Customers have the ability to place orders around-the-clock and can access the current status of their account whenever it's convenient for them.
- Outbound automation. For many businesses, outbound call center functions are just as important as inbound call management. Some IVR systems will give your company the ability to create interactive customer service, follow-up and survey features.